Test Curves.

The Modern Arms Company Rods forum.
Mr B
Arctic Char

Re: Test Curves.

Post by Mr B »

I enjoyed that Rod fisher,
I haven't seen that for a year or two...
A bit of fun and the crowd enjoyed it.
Young Jack seemed to be enjoying himselfπŸ‘
Mr B.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Rod Fisher
Silver Bream

Re: Test Curves.

Post by Rod Fisher »

Rod Fisher wrote: ↑Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:30 pm
Wallys-Cast wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:10 pm Dave, wasn't it Harvey Torbett himself who tried to stop a swimmer with a cane rod. I cant remember the outcome or where the hook was attached for that matter. :Hahaha:

wal.
Mr B wrote: ↑Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:18 pm I think it was Jack Hargreaves with the swimmer.. ended up breaking his rod..
It was indeed Jack Hargreaves, Mr B, in his first appearance on film.

There's actually a long history of these angler versus swimmer contests. They date back to the 1880s, and anglers like J. J. Hardy, F. W. K. Wallis, and David Slater all took part in them. I have put together an article on the subject I'd be happy to share with anyone who drops me a private message. The story has a fishless aquarium, a human cannonball, a boxing kangaroo, a Wimbledon tennis champion, and more. It's worth a read.
The article referred to is the cover feature of this quarter's Classic Angling.

I'm still happy to share it with anyone interested.
"Keep out of sight. Trout has no eyebrows and can see up." - Forest and Stream 1904.

β€œA man may read books and get the best advice possible, but he will profit little by one or the other without practice.” - William Bailey

Return to β€œThe Modern Arms Company Ltd Cane Rods”