At Last.....Ny-O-Lite

The Other Reels forum.
Russell Howard Brown
Gudgeon

At Last.....Ny-O-Lite

Post by Russell Howard Brown »

ImageImageImageImage
So at last the NY-O-Lite,made by the Dupont Corporation USA in the1950's to showcase what could be done with their new material.Body and internal gear mechanism made of nylon.I absolutely love it but my good friend Clive,a 7th Dan Philistine said it looks like it came out of a Woolworths bargain bucket.Boxed with spare spool and parts schematic.Then I found another one !!! 😎

Andyman
Bleak

Re: At Last.....Ny-O-Lite

Post by Andyman »

Been trying to find one of these for quite a while, at sensible money.
Well done, great result.
It's All Too Beautiful but Keep on Rocking in the Free World

Dave F
Grayling

Post by Dave F »

Looks very different/interesting….!
Oh to be at my “Happy Place” where nothing matters but the being there.

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Beautiful and awful.

Russell Howard Brown
Gudgeon

Andyman wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:51 pm Been trying to find one of these for quite a while, at sensible money.
Well done, great result.
The first one I ever had was just the reel on it's own.I found these two within a month of each other !!! They were made in other two-tone colours,a gold version and a green version I believe.You CAN get lucky on 'that auction site' but they simply don't appear very often.I bet there are 1000's of them hidden and forgotten in garages in the U.S.

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

Lovely colours.
ImageImageImage
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Russell Howard Brown
Gudgeon

Fredline wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:49 pm Lovely colours.
ImageImageImage
The MAGNIFICENT Fredline strikes again.Lovely pictures.😎👍

Kev D
Chub

Post by Kev D »

Russell Howard Brown wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:30 pm
Andyman wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:51 pm Been trying to find one of these for quite a while, at sensible money.
Well done, great result.
The first one I ever had was just the reel on it's own.I found these two within a month of each other !!! They were made in other two-tone colours,a gold version and a green version I believe.You CAN get lucky on 'that auction site' but they simply don't appear very often.I bet there are 1000's of them hidden and forgotten in garages in the U.S.
Funny looking , innovative, interesting , "of their day or plain naff ? Difficult to pin it down. Maybe a quirky bit of fun angling history . They look weirdly tactile!
I expect I'm not the only one who did an internet search and turned up the fact that they were supposed to cost $13 but may not've sold particularly as they were pretty soon being offered for half that.
Yes ,weirdly tactile . I can see the attraction.
In order to shoot some close-ups, wildlife photographer ,the late Len Scapstillon, lured the orca to him by dressing as a seal.......

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

Spot on Kev. They are very tactile and come with a lifetime guarantee. The green version shown is a first edition and has a 3 screw backplate and a shorter handle. A nightmare to turn but great to look at.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Banksy
Brown Trout

Post by Banksy »

I love them, for some reason they remind me of those early iMacs, which came in translucent blue and tangerine colours.

Return to “Other Reels”