First chub of the season 2023

This forum is for discussing chub.
Chevin Chaser
Dace

First chub of the season 2023

Post by Chevin Chaser »

This was my second outing since the start of the fishing season. Summer chores around the house and breding my poultry sucked all my spare time.

It feels so nice being back on the bank, amongst the wildlife and the fresh air., but most importantly, I'm fishing!

My first adventure started only yesterday, roving the bank, looking for likely spots to bounce a bait in. The heat and the bright sun diverted me to hit those shadowy areas. The rod tip however remained motionless.

This morning I decided to venture out again. The weather looked better, being slightly overcast, but still extremely mild, I headed out wearing a T-shirt and hoodie. The Gt Ouse was hardly moving, so It was going to be tricky during the daylight hours to hit into a good chub. I was determined to have some sport, so I walked and walked some more, before I found a narrow gravel run that interested me. It was only a few feet deep, yet flowing well. The only problem was the terrible steep bank, but it was swim I had to try my luck in.

Without making too much noise, I managed to position myself into a safe environment and dropped a bait on the nearside edge. Some time later there was a slow pull on the rod tip and a feral fish was giving it some wellie, finally a good chub put me to the test.

I thoroughly enjoyed my first tussle of the season with a nice fish. Hopefully a few more will hit the net this season. 🤞
IMG_20231001_175032_copy_1024x768.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is important to be aware that every fishing story...depends on the honesty of those telling it, the accuracy of their memory and the realibility of their interpretation of the circumstances.

Dave F
Grayling

Re: First chub of the season 2023

Post by Dave F »

Well done. A very good looking fish.
Oh to be at my “Happy Place” where nothing matters but the being there.

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

A cracking Chub,very well done.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Lovely Chub and a great a approach to it.
Nicely done.

Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

Lovely chub!! Glad to hear you are back fishing again. :Hat:

AllRounder
Brown Trout

Post by AllRounder »

A lovely looking Chevin and an equally impressive photo. Great start :Thumb:

ItchenRoach
Gudgeon