Yorkshire Vintage Angling Fair - Sunday 17th March 2024

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Re: Yorkshire Vintage Angling Fair - Sunday 17th March 2024

Post by Barbelseeker »

As by Cliff rather than the Reynolds?
Have you a photo?

Wanderer
Arctic Char

Post by Wanderer »

Sorry you can't make it Stefan.

If you don't have any luck with your search for an Adcock Stanton, you could do a lot worse than phone Rods&Reels, carlton Street Castleford Yorkshire. ( 01977 518105 )
They had an Adcock Stanton in stock this afternoon.
Sorry I Can't give any further information , I didn't pick it up.

All the best. :Hat:
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Stefan,

I have several Stanton's, - plastic reel seat, aluminium reel seat and solid seat from backplate I think, and a Reynolds. Got a few Hucknall/Rolls Royce night shift ball bearing pins as well.

Peter

StefanDuma
Grayling

Post by StefanDuma »

Many thanks for the replies, yes I am looking for an example by Harry Reynolds. My Grandfather had one and he knew Harry.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

:Thumbsdown:: Oh the best laid plans of mice and men ! :Thumbsdown:: My intended vist to the YVA Fair has been scuppered by staffing issues :Hair out: so unfortunately I won't be making acquaintances and scoffing pontefract cakes with you gents. I hope you all have a great time and make successful purchases and sales respectively :Hat:

John Milford
Grayling

Post by John Milford »

Have a great day chaps - hopefully see you all next time, if not before. :Thumb:
A seeker of "the fell tyrant of the liquid plain".

BendSomeCane
Crucian Carp

Post by BendSomeCane »

Dear all - if was a bigger and better fair than last year and our reach continues to grow.

A massive thank you to all the exhibitors and the staff serving breakfast sandwiches.

Don’t forget to check for next March as it will happen
Bendsomecane
http://bendsomecane.blogspot.com/
By the grace of god a Yorkist

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

Thats me above, looking large around the middle and as friendly as ever :Tongue: .

Very well done on a great morning Andy, you worked tirelessly to set the hall up, everything was sorted out well, the kitchen was working overtime with breakfast rolls and tea, and the customers all seemed to enjoy themselves, browsing the tables and making purchases here there and everywhere . The damp start outside did not seem to put anybody off at all.

There seemed to be far more room this time and the floor was well laid out which was a big improvement . I think it is getting better year on year. Congratulations on a job well done !

David
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Phil Arnott
Chub

Post by Phil Arnott »

I've attended each one up to now and there seemed to be more dealers and more attending this time, with some excellent bargains too. Well worth the visit and nice to meet up with some familiar faces also.

It's less than an hour away from me which is handy rather than the two and a half for Redditch which I also attend.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

I enjoyed meeting up with some old and some new faces today. It was a well attended event and there was some really nice tackle for sale. Well done to Andy for the time and effort in putting it all together.

I managed to find three nice project reels which made the 200 mile round trip well worth it, not to mention free Pontefract cakes courtesy of Wanderer. Thanks again mate, great to meet you all today. :Thumb:

Wal.

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”