The Light Carp Rod

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Dave F
Grayling

The Light Carp Rod

Post by Dave F »

Thanks to “Bobthefloat” (Terry) I watched this film over the weekend. It was very interesting with Chris Ball and Chris Yates. Simon Latimer went into the history and the making of a MK IV Avon, the Light Carp Rod as he calls it. Visits to the locations where the rods were first made by B. James in Ealing and J.B. Walker in Hythe.

First produced in 1997, it hasn’t lost any of its charm.

:fishing1:
:fish:
Last edited by Dave F on Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh to be at my “Happy Place” where nothing matters but the being there.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Re: The Liht Carp Rod

Post by Mr B »

Dave F wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:29 am Thanks to “Bobthefloat” (Terry) I watched this film over the weekend. It was very interesting with Chris Ball and Chris Yates. Simon Latimer went into the history and the making of a MK IV Avon, the Light Carp Rod as he calls it. Visits to the locations where the rods were first made by B. James in Ealing and J.B. Walker in Hythe.

First produced in 1997, it hasn’t lost any of its charm.

:fishing1:
:fish:
Sounds interesting Dave F.
How can this be watched by fellow TFF r's?

Thanks
Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Treeman
Gudgeon

Re: The Light Carp Rod

Post by Treeman »

I would love to watch this as well please any suggestions where we can see it
AKA Russell

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Treeman wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:23 pm I would love to watch this as well please any suggestions where we can see it
Its a DVD Treeman, just found that out..
Keep your eyes peeled, as sounds a bit of quality viewing👍

Mr B.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Treeman
Gudgeon

Post by Treeman »

Mr B wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:34 pm
Treeman wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:23 pm I would love to watch this as well please any suggestions where we can see it
Its a DVD Treeman, just found that out..
Keep your eyes peeled, as sounds a bit of quality viewing👍

Mr B.
Many thanks Mr B appreciate the heads up :Thumb:
AKA Russell

Barbelbonce
Rudd

Post by Barbelbonce »

This is the first reference to this DVD I have ever seen. Never mentioned on this Forum, ever, if my searches here are valid.
A trawl of the web has turned up nil, nix and nothing regarding the title and the same result for Simon Latimer, who, reading the OP, seems to be the key man (in what capacity...?) in the vid.
If anyone can shed any more light on the provenance of the production - a date and any other production info would be helpful - it would be of assistance in furthering our searches.
I'm sure we all would welcome the opportunity to watch what is reported as quality viewing, generally interesting to earlier posters here and am very surprised that nothing has been heard on the Forum over the years.
Seems like essential viewing for our ilk.
Mike

Rod Fisher
Silver Bream

Post by Rod Fisher »

Barbelbonce wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:39 am This is the first reference to this DVD I have ever seen. Never mentioned on this Forum, ever, if my searches here are valid.
A trawl of the web has turned up nil, nix and nothing regarding the title and the same result for Simon Latimer, who, reading the OP, seems to be the key man (in what capacity...?) in the vid.
If anyone can shed any more light on the provenance of the production - a date and any other production info would be helpful - it would be of assistance in furthering our searches.
I'm sure we all would welcome the opportunity to watch what is reported as quality viewing, generally interesting to earlier posters here and am very surprised that nothing has been heard on the Forum over the years.
Seems like essential viewing for our ilk.
Mike

search.php?keywords=Simon+Latimer
"Keep out of sight. Trout has no eyebrows and can see up." - Forest and Stream 1904.

“A man may read books and get the best advice possible, but he will profit little by one or the other without practice.” - William Bailey

Barbelbonce
Rudd

Post by Barbelbonce »

Many thanks indeed, Rod.
It seems clear that my search efforts on the Forum were entirely inadequate! Your keywords search link is way beyond my keyboard capabilities.
Thank you for posting this.

How to make this video accessible to Forum members? May there be any way that negotiations may be opened with any copyright owners?
I have no clue as to the processes that would have to be followed. Has any member have helpful ideas?
Would be great if a film clearly of great interest to many Forum members could be made available to view.
Here's hoping!
Mike

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

I’ve definitely viewed this and would have sworn it was on TFF!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Maybe someone lent me the DVD, was it BobTheFloat?

Edit: yes of course it was and the trail confirms that.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Return to “Fishing Films”