Romsey Tackle Fair 7th April 2024

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Re: Romsey Tackle Fair 7th April 2024

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Never underestimate the Mitchell brothers Ted :Thumb: :Hahaha:
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Wallyboy Rob wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:50 pm Never underestimate the Mitchell brothers Ted :Thumb: :Hahaha:
Maybe I have? :Hahaha:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

As it happens I do have a little something for Keston.............a set of tick tweezers. All will be revealed.........

I will also have a table full of blueprinted Mitchell reels.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Nobby wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:59 am As it happens I do have a little something for Keston.............a set of tick tweezers. All will be revealed.........

Poor Keston, my dog had ticks once, I will have to see the tweezers Nobby! :Hahaha: Seriously now, I am really looking forward to seeing your table, you always have some great items! :Thumb:
Confucius

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Nobby wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:59 am As it happens I do have a little something for Keston.............a set of tick tweezers. All will be revealed.........

I'm intrigued, I shall bring my pet Ticks with me tomorrow 😂

Be nice to see you tomorrow Nobby .

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Lea Dweller wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:56 pm
Wallyboy Rob wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:01 pm Watch out Ted, Nobby is a £20 note magnet.... especially Keston's
I can run faster than Keston! :Hahaha:
Only time I run fast is when the Ice cream van arrives 😂

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

After a very early start from Hertfordshire, myself and my Son had the early entry option into the tackle fair and really enjoyed it! We left by 10.30 having acquired the fly tackle that my Son wanted at an extremely reasonable price! I also met and chatted to Nobby, Chubman, Stour Otter, Mr Crabtree, Old Rod, but missed seeing WallyBoy Rob and Keston! There was a tremendous selection of Rods, Reels and assorted other tackle at what seemed very reasonable prices. I eventually succumbed to a really nice handbuilt 12ft two piece 'allrounder', just before we left, but I really enjoyed being 'the other side of the table' for a change! :Hat: :Thumb:
Confucius

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Sorry I missed you Ted, I got to Nobby's table about 5 minutes after you left my friend
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Cane
Grayling

Post by Cane »

It was nice to see a number of members there today. I managed to pick up a few bits, including another rod bag, with an Alcocks rod to put in it. The only new item I bought was a very well made swing tip from Andy of Wellyscott Rods. I haven’t used one for fifty years, so thought I should give it another go!
I spotted Ted and nodded to him, but he was engrossed in the contents of rod heaven at the time!
Also had a chat with Mike and would have spoken to Nobby, but he was mid customer at the time and I could hear the bacon butty calling, so, having gathered up Tonkin Wand, paid due homage in that direction.
A very enjoyable day.
In the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings!
Mrs Wigg's philosophy

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Cane wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:11 pm It was nice to see a number of members there today. I managed to pick up a few bits, including another rod bag, with an Alcocks rod to put in it. The only new item I bought was a very well made swing tip from Andy of Wellyscott Rods. I haven’t used one for fifty years, so thought I should give it another go!
I spotted Ted and nodded to him, but he was engrossed in the contents of rod heaven at the time!
Also had a chat with Mike and would have spoken to Nobby, but he was mid customer at the time and I could hear the bacon butty calling, so, having gathered up Tonkin Wand, paid due homage in that direction.
A very enjoyable day.
Sorry for missing your 'nod ' I did see many lovely rods, but honestly didn't see you! I probably missed talking with some other TFF members but I had my Son with me so I wasn't totally focused! I will be sharing with 'Fredline' at Redditch next month, so hopefully will see a few more TFF members! 🤞👍
Confucius

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”