Luxborough lake: does anybody fish it? Any info??

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Bigoll
Silver Bream

Re: Luxborough lake: does anybody fish it? Any info??

Post by Bigoll »

Last I heard it wasn't open to fishing - the old guy who used to run it died and nothing replaced him (that's going back a few years now). But when I'm fishing the Roding next to it I hear bite alarms going off and see people wandering around; not sure whether they're poachers or legitimate anglers to be honest! Are there any signs on the gates leading from Luxborough Lane? All I know is it's incredibly deep and there used to be some massive carp, pike and perch in there; well, according to various people I've asked about it!

Keswalls tackle shop on the Chigwell Road may know more. Speaking of which, is that your local shop, Groomos? It's moving to Collier Row early in the new year which is a pain in the backside as it'll still be the nearest one but a half hour round trip instead of 5 minutes down the road...

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Bigoll wrote:
Keswalls tackle shop on the Chigwell Road may know more. Speaking of which, is that your local shop, Groomos? It's moving to Collier Row early in the new year which is a pain in the backside as it'll still be the nearest one but a half hour round trip instead of 5 minutes down the road...
Bigoll. 5 mins away from Keswalls in Fullwell Ave
http://www.promasterangling.co.uk/

Bigoll
Silver Bream

Post by Bigoll »

Thanks for the tackle shop tips, chaps. I thought Pro-master had closed but maybe not!

Redbridge Lakes is probably the easiest to get to. Groomos, I presume they stock all the usual baits and gear? I remember watching the lakes being constructed there - any idea what they're like to fish? I'm a wild venue angler but sometimes it might be worth having a dabble in a commercial when the river is too high and the Epping Forest ponds just aren't active; Redbridge Lakes could be ideal as a filler every now and then.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Bigoll wrote:Thanks for the tackle shop tips, chaps. I thought Pro-master had closed but maybe not!

Redbridge Lakes is probably the easiest to get to. Groomos, I presume they stock all the usual baits and gear? I remember watching the lakes being constructed there - any idea what they're like to fish? I'm a wild venue angler but sometimes it might be worth having a dabble in a commercial when the river is too high and the Epping Forest ponds just aren't active; Redbridge Lakes could be ideal as a filler every now and then.
Bigoll.
Promaster still going strong.
If you want a commercial to try have a look at southend lane lakes, four to chose from two minuets from wake valley pond

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”