Old Warriors...

This forum is for discussing carp.
Digger
Minnow

Re: Old Warriors...

Post by Digger »

Great thread. I caught this carp from a small backwater on the Wey in the early nineties. All the carp were total individuals and although not big had all wonder attributes. This was the best mirror; caught on floating crust. Although I cant age it and the body shape isn't much of a give away, it had that colour and patina that older fish have and reminded me a bit of an old tortoise with those big crusty scales. Caught it about 7 years later and it was very tatty.

One of my favorites.

Digger
Minnow

Post by Digger »

This one came from a small river on the float. Caught several times over the years and now I think surely diseased. Had old scars all over it. Sure it was an old moat fish.. Never know the age but definitely a true warrior. I showed my brother the pic and he said he was glad he did catch it. I was rather pleased...

That's is, hope you like them...

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Still marvellous carp with tales to tell, if only they could...

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

What a great thread, shame most of the pics are missing now, time to add lots more chaps! :fishing1: :Hat:

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

I caught this pure golden common a few years back which looked magnificent in the sunlight.
It had a remarkable paddle on it which it put to good use!
The strain of fish in that pool are very old and no one not even Mr Ball knows much about the original stocking.
The fish was almost black on top when in the water.
Not so much a battle scared old warrior but a descendent of some very old Carp :fishing1:

Return to “Carp (Cyprinus carpio)”