Yateley Nursery Lake

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Dzpotter

Yateley Nursery Lake

Post by Dzpotter »

Hi All,

I went to have a look around this lake today and it looked a really wonderful and interesting lake full of features. Spoke to a couple of guys fishing on the other lakes and they said it was an unknown quantity.

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience of the lake. I am not after monster carp I just love the look of the place and it's what I look for in a venue.

Thanks for any information

Feel free to send me a pm if you don't want to reveal too much information :rock:

Daniel
Last edited by Dzpotter on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snape
Bailiff

Re: Yateley Nursery Lake

Post by Snape »

Not heard of it but reading about it on the Farnham angling website make it sound interesting and it does sound like an unknown quantity

http://www.farnhamanglingsociety.com/fi ... y-lake.php
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Dzpotter

Post by Dzpotter »

Snape,

Yes I have just joined Farnham angling society for this lake and also a lovely stretch of the Loddon at Stanford End which has some nice chub and barbel fishing. I am going to try the Nursery lake in the run up to the new season if it ever warms up :Brickwall:

Regads

Daniel

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Snape wrote:Not heard of it but reading about it on the Farnham angling website make it sound interesting and it does sound like an unknown quantity

http://www.farnhamanglingsociety.com/fi ... y-lake.php
It does look really nice from the satellite photo on the website - surrounded by trees, full of little islands and features. The photos they show of the lake don't really do it justice as they are taken in winter.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Trevor
Eel

Post by Trevor »

Looks very nice. Quite shallow with an average of 3', ideal for stalking!
It's good to see that an angling club has taken over a chunk of Yately from Cemex

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

ALL CEMEX waters bar a couple have been sold. Went up for auction last year.

Azur
Dace

Post by Azur »

Dzpotter,

A lovely overgrown lake, with some fantastic history. There's a great chapter about it in the book 'A History of Yateley, by Alan Cooper', with much info on past and present stock. If you have a good look on some of the other 'carp forums' you'll find much information about it. I plan on fishing there next season, I have unfinished business on another FAS carp water first though :Cool:

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Rock hard, it has some great carp swimming within its depths, but with over 90 islands in 6 acres they could be anywhere.

Good luck.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

BlackSheep

Post by BlackSheep »

Watch out for the cat fish!

It is not how i remember it, i last fished there in 1993-4 season, i really do not remember it having quite so many islands. I had a wander around it on Sunday and spoke too one or two how where fishing it and the general consensus is it is an unknown quantity.

Ron
Dace

Post by Ron »

Farnham...far too many members lakes overfished member at the mo but not for much longer.

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”