Talltrees Fishery

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Aitch
Pike

Talltrees Fishery

Post by Aitch »

Has anyone fished this little pool....? tis a nice little place with Locked gates, boat, lodge and carp into the 30's

It's been mentioned that Dick Walker fished it when it was known as Hunter's Moon

http://www.talltreesfishery.co.uk/

nice fish.... but definitely not an easy water :Thumb:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Gurn
Chub

Re: Talltrees Fishery

Post by Gurn »

Have never fished it, but the owner Jay is a good chap. Some of my customers are regulars on Tall Trees and enjoy fishing there immensely. Some lovely fish and an element of exclusivity. The lake usually books up quickly though I believe there are still a few dates available for this year.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

I have fished there several times... Jay's a lovely bloke, very helpful... catch them on the Carp Show circuit on the iCarp stand along with Butch and MickdaFish

I would recommend TallTrees for a social/meeting :Thumb:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

WildCarpFisher.

Post by WildCarpFisher. »

It's the mention of NAMED fish that would put me off sadly? However it looks very nice, and popular by the bookings?

Plot36
Roach

Post by Plot36 »

WildCarpFisher. wrote:It's the mention of NAMED fish that would put me off sadly? However it looks very nice, and popular by the bookings?
I'm not so bothered by the naming of fish (there's quite a tradition of it) but bait boats equipped with fish finders . . . . . . :Confused:

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Its local to me.
I understand it is very much a 'modern carpers' fishery ( correct me if I'm wrong) - with nearly all anglers fishing boilies, leads, carp rigs , etc.
I know its managed well but as a 2 acre fishery with all the stock known , all the bigger fish having names, and constantly relatively heavily fished, with multiple anglers and rods on the bank every day, it really isn't my type of pool at all.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Just had a look at the Talltrees website ( haven't looked at it for acouple of years).

The pool is picturesque, lots of features, and very similar in size and appearance to the 'crabtree' pool I used to fish, which is only a few miles from Talltrees. Therefore I'm sure anglers must catch carp on the surface as well.
What I find odd is why they allow baitboats and actually hire them out when the pool is so small and full of features.

For the size of the pool there appears to be a huge density of stock - around 170 carp over 8lbs, many of which are 20's and 30's plus lots of fish of various species as well including large pike - all in 2 acres.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Julian wrote:Its local to me.
I understand it is very much a 'modern carpers' fishery ( correct me if I'm wrong) - with nearly all anglers fishing boilies, leads, carp rigs , etc.
I know its managed well but as a 2 acre fishery with all the stock known , all the bigger fish having names, and constantly relatively heavily fished, with multiple anglers and rods on the bank every day, it really isn't my type of pool at all.
I agree Julian. I looks lovely but sadly on to avoid I feel.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

I have to agree chaps,

it looks really pretty but not quite the place for me.

Gaz

Minger68

Post by Minger68 »

i am going to give it a try

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”