Efgeeco Neoprene Reel Pouch

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
MrCrabtree
Rudd

Efgeeco Neoprene Reel Pouch

Post by MrCrabtree »

I have just acquired a small neoprene reel pouch suitable for a small fly reel. However this is in a pale green colour bearing the Efgeeco name printed in black.
I know that some reel cases were made by Efgeeco but I have never seen a neoprene fly reel version before and wondered if they are are a common item or are they a rarity?

Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Re: Efgeeco Neoprene Reel Pouch

Post by Kevanf1 »

I have seen plenty of neoprene fly reel cases and in fact I do own one myself. Mine is a modern 'Ron Thompson - Scierra' case, however. Was neoprene around as a material for fishing equipment in the days of Efgeeco? Or is is a modern case with the name printed on under license?

I am intrigued :)
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

Neoprene was around in Efgeeco times, it was mainly used for wet-suits :-)

Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Post by Kevanf1 »

SofaSurfer wrote:Neoprene was around in Efgeeco times, it was mainly used for wet-suits :-)
But was it being used for fishing tackle? :) It's probably been around for a lot longer than we realise, most materials have after all. I just wonder if it wasn't too expensive for use as mere fishing reel pouches back then though? I don't know the answer? I could be wrong and am interested to know more :)
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I had wet suits made in neoprene back in the Seventies, so if a maker was looking for a rot-proof and water-proof material it stands to reason that they would consider neoprene.

Slightly scary to think that I'm talking about 40 years ago here........ :(

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”