Harcork Floats

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Harcork Floats

Post by Dave Burr »

Agreed, a lovely collection. I remember using one of those antennae floats and being able to cast huge distances, even with my 7' rod and Intrepid Regent with a half-full spool.

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Nobby wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:38 pm Actuallly I think the red stripe means they are by Auger. Jeff Dell Mura did trace a modern member of the 'Auger family' but he wasn't much interested in talking about the old firm sadly.
There is a seller on fleebay that is selling Auger floats, mainly the 70's "Auger Match", I bought some and had a message conversation with him, he was a designer and designed and tested the glass Match Queen series and goes by the seller name Micheal St Albans, he may have info on the company, he did tell me the floats were made in one of their factories in Tunbridge Wells.

He has loads of floats for sale by the way at very reasonable prices
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Wallyboy Rob wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:09 pm
Nobby wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:38 pm Actuallly I think the red stripe means they are by Auger. Jeff Dell Mura did trace a modern member of the 'Auger family' but he wasn't much interested in talking about the old firm sadly.
There is a seller on fleebay that is selling Auger floats, mainly the 70's "Auger Match", I bought some and had a message conversation with him, he was a designer and designed and tested the glass Match Queen series and goes by the seller name Micheal St Albans, he may have info on the company, he did tell me the floats were made in one of their factories in Tunbridge Wells.

He has loads of floats for sale by the way at very reasonable prices
I,v been in contact with the same bloke email ..... miketebeckett@yahoo.co.uk

Wallyboy do you have link to his sellers page. PM me if you have.. Thanks .. Lee.

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Will do Lee
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Danesman
Silver Bream

Post by Danesman »

I have recently aquired these floats by way of a small job lot from that well known site. Two of these floats are clearly marked Harcork, looking at the colour scheme on the 3rd float is it safe to assume that this is also by the same maker.
. I have previously noticed on some professional float makers websites that they make replica Harcork floats. I have no idea of the story behind these floats I am assuming that they were sought after in days gone by ?
I think the colours look really nice just a shame they are in such poor condition, but still nice to look at !

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”