Is the river season finished for some?

This forum belongs to the River Wye.
Reedling
Catfish

Re: Is the river season finished for some?

Post by Reedling »

I do hope I can get on a small river before the season end. The Stour tidies fairly quickly if the rain keeps off so I may give that a try.

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Drove up past the Wye today around Monmouth and by the looks of the river and seeing where it has been up to, I wouldn't go near the river at the moment. Self preservation seems stronger the older one gets.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Six different rivers in six different days is amazing Snape. Ive got a fishing buddy that has a similar style. Although he likes the Wye and lives in Hereford, he’s often on round trips of two hundred miles in order to fish elsewhere.
I don’t like driving much and as Ive said before, visiting Worcester is like the trip of a lifetime for me, so I stay at home. In fact we’ve just sold two cars and bought one, so my last three fishing trips have been walking and pulling a trolley - you can’t go far like that!!
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

I hear what you say BB, but if you know the river there are plenty of safe places to fish....
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Hi, I'm sure local knowledge is a big plus when it comes to fishing any water, be it river or stillwater, but the sheer size and ferocity of the small section of the Wye that I pass leaves me in no doubt that one small slip would more than likely end in one being recovered somewhere nearer to Bristol than one wanted to be. I was just reading that the local EA spokesman said that this latest flood is the highest for 110 years and that it will get worse in the future. All I can add is for anyone brave/daft enough to fish in these conditions, please please take extra care....
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Return to “River Wye”