'Old Town' Clothing

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Dom Andrew
Minnow

'Old Town' Clothing

Post by Dom Andrew » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:31 pm

Here is something for all you old fogies. ‘Old Town’ make a nice range of old time clothing.

https://www.old-town.co.uk/collections/product

It’s not for me; I would be far too self-conscious to wear that sort of thing, but some items might appeal to the more brave anglers on this forum.
I would consider their canvas ‘Selsey’ hat though.
_

Pallenpool
Chub

Re: 'Old Town' Clothing

Post by Pallenpool » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:02 pm

I live very near to Old Town in Holt and have been known to purchase the odd item or two - primarily waistcoats - the canvas is my favourite material - I must say that the clothing is a far throw from its origins as work wear and has become less utility more a trend (that’s been around a bit) the London hipsters seem to really like it and you can spot them a mile off when they are in town. A company much closer to the roots of utility wear is the Norfolk Carrier Company but I think even their clothing is been purchased as a fashion statement - however the jerkins and jackets are in my opinion great everyday items for garden, fishing and general countryside rambles etc.
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”