Braces

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Re: Braces

Post by Mole-Patrol »

AshbyCut wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:55 pm
Wanderer wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:29 pm I know it's me, but I cant help thinking about braces without thinking of elderly Gentlemen who favour the wearing of those kind of trousers that come way past the waist and halfway up the chest............
As I can attest ... it will happen to you one day, sir ... and all too soon !!! ... just like the day when yet another reminder of the passing years lands on your doorstep ... as it did for me yesterday.

The DVLA were good enough to remind me that I had to apply to renew my driving licence ... as I will have to do every 2 years from this year ... and when my new one arrives ... I shall no longer be entitled to drive mini buses ... or wagons up to 7.5 tons !!!

"Three score years and ten" comes around all too quickly ... as does the need for trousers with elastic waistbands !!! :Hat:
But on the brighter side; you know are qualified to hold a Lollipop on the crossing outside an infant's school.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Wanderer wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:18 amDear Ashby Cut, I do hope I havent caused you any offence with my comment on very high waisted trousers.
I fully appreciate the passage of time and am regularly looking over my shoulder for "The Grim Reaper",myself.
Not at all, Young Sir ... and I had hoped to raise only a smile with my reply. :Wink:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Mole-Patrol wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:29 amAs I can attest ... it will happen to you one day, sir ... and all too soon !!! ... just like the day when yet another reminder of the passing years lands on your doorstep ... as it did for me yesterday.

The DVLA were good enough to remind me that I had to apply to renew my driving licence ... as I will have to do every 2 years from this year ... and when my new one arrives ... I shall no longer be entitled to drive mini buses ... or wagons up to 7.5 tons !!!

"Three score years and ten" comes around all too quickly ... as does the need for trousers with elastic waistbands !!! :Hat:
But on the brighter side; you know are qualified to hold a Lollipop on the crossing outside an infant's school.
[/quote]

Children ??? Me ??? I did my time !!! As W. C. Fields said "I like children, if they're properly cooked. Children should neither be seen nor heard from - ever again." :Wink:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”