The Wey

This forum belongs to the other rivers.
Tinca10
Ruffe

Re: The Wey

Post by Tinca10 »

I fished the Wey in Farnham town centre towards the tail end of last season-( not been this year, but intend to go as soon as it fines down a bit). I fished upstream from the Maltings and had Chub to 3 or 4 lb and several decent Dace. I used a small maggot feeder with 3 or 4 maggots on the hook. Further down, in Gostrey Meadow, I trotted a few maggots and had a few smaller Chub and Dace, but was absolutely plagued by Minnows.
On one trip I met Bill and Virginia Rushmer, who were doing a feature for Anglers Mail- nice people, very friendly.
I have also used The Creel in Aldershot- wonderful shop. Mick Borro and his wife Fran are the friendliest couple ever; Mick refurbished my Mark IV this year and it is a work of art. In fact, the only problem with the Creel is when I pop in for a couple of pints of maggots, I have to allow about 2 extra hours for chatting.
Still, it's a nice problem to have.

Chubman
Crucian Carp

Post by Chubman »

im hoping to fish the wey at farnham tomorrow,my local river in the itchen valley is in flood at the moment,any one have any idear what state the wey is in at the moment as ive no wish to make the trip only to find it a raging torrent, many thanks chubman,

Capebreton
Perch

Post by Capebreton »

Have not fished the Wey..but used to visit Farnham when my parents were alive and used to walk the banks through Farnham by the Maltings and outside the town. saw a few people fishing and often wondered what it was like;now I know Thank you .

CraigM
Grayling

Post by CraigM »

I fished it in the park last Friday.

Flow was brisk but not flooded but,unusually, I found it apparently devoid of fish, but for a small trout that pinched all my worms!

I had a blank :surrender:

I'm no Mr Crabtree, but I usually catch there & know this stretch well.

Good luck if you do fish it.

Capebreton
Perch

Post by Capebreton »

A nod to the Creel in Aldershot too

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

I fished the section at Eashing yesterday, trotting away all afternoon, great fun, but just a little brownie came out to play, a lovely fish though even though it started off as a Grayling !
Best Fishes
Mushy

Daveo

Post by Daveo »

I am currently fishing the Wey over the Christmas period although chilly it is is fishing very well I have never drawn a blank with 7 brownies one morning plus dace having never caught a barble or grayling they will be my target fish for the new year ( having never fished for them ) I am currently baiting up different swims around the Elstead area and continue to catch plenty of trout Chubb perch roach and dace

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Well done Daveo you are just upstream from me ! glad to hear its fishing well, going out later today, will probably blank now :Confused:
Best Fishes
Mushy

Daveo

Post by Daveo »

enjoy mushy tight lines

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Thanks Daveo and after failing to tempt a chub for several hours I thought my premonition would come true but darkness fell and it all changed, report to follow !
Best Fishes
Mushy

Return to “Other Rivers”