The Mystery of the Bishop photos

This forum belongs to Chris Yates.
JPC
Bleak

Re: The Mystery of the Bishop photos

Post by JPC »

Hi Paul, when Barry stopped fishing Redmire he joined the Frampton syndicate ( he later very kindly got me a ticket )however a trip with Mike Wilmott to a huge French ressie changed Barry's outlook on carp fishing. He stopped fishing in this country and his life was geared to fishing in France. As you say the Orient was his main water but he spent quite a bit of his time at Mar Peche and was a member of the winter syndicate. For the past six or seven years much of his fishing time has been spent at Rainbow Lake and his list of French fifties is now pretty long, his best fish pushing eighty pounds.
A few years ago I persuaded him to join Keith Hilton, Mike Mintram and I for a session at Redmire after someone dropped out, he has returned with us every year since !
I am seeing him in mid September so will remember you to him, shall I tell him you didn't believe the "51" story ?

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Re: The Mystery of the Bishop photos

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Hi John, it wasn't that I didn't believe him, but I was just unsure. When I started fishing in the late 60s I was obsessed with 'clarissa' after seeing her in a fishing book, but have never since been that bothered about carp fishing.
So Barry has been pulling in carp up to 80lb, that's very impressive I must say. He was on Frampton when I worked with him, in fact I heard so much about it me and the wife drove up to Frampton on sea one day just to have a look at the place, and I remember it being a lovely looking water.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Return to “Chris Yates”