Colour and spacing.

The Dawsons of Bromley Rods forum.
Rod
Grayling

Colour and spacing.

Post by Rod »

I have just obtained a rod, that has a Dawsons of Bromley transfer, but looks exactly the same as a Chapmans 500, ie, detachable butt and two sections, the only difference is, it is 10ft 6 inches in length, and it has a screw in butt button. Some time in it's past it has had new rings fitted,(of various patterns) with Red/Yellow thread, just like the Japanese rods, (YUK). What I need from you gents is what colour I should use, and some idea of the eye spacing, also which type of eyes would be appropriate, hi or low?
Any help would be appreciated, as I would like to keep the rod as near original as possible, but I can find no mention anywhere about this type of rod, coming out of the Dawson's stable.
Rod :Hat:
Last edited by Rod on Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An old man, who's only pleasure left in life, is sitting by some water, fiddling with his maggots?

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Re: Colour and spacing.

Post by Harry H »

If memory serves I think the Burley was a 2 piece 8ft pike rod. Got any pics?
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Rod
Grayling

Re: Colour and spacing.

Post by Rod »

This is the rod, as I said it is 10ft 6'' in length, the cane is all good, and it's a shame to let it go to waste.

Rod :Hat:
An old man, who's only pleasure left in life, is sitting by some water, fiddling with his maggots?

Return to “Dawsons of Bromley Cane Rods”