chapmans kennet perfection

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Chubman
Crucian Carp

chapmans kennet perfection

Post by Chubman »

were chapmans kennet perfections a kit rod you built yourself or did chapmans produce there own version of this rod as i have not seen one on their archive of rods ,many thanks chubman.

Champ
Chub

Re: chapmans kennet perfection

Post by Champ »

Never seen or heard of one myself Chubman.They may have made one especially for a customer request of course.The nearest is their FJT Roach rod.Have you come across a Chapman KP?.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Look,s like it could be a kit from Chapmans.

viewtopic.php?f=189&t=1206&p=12864&hili ... net#p12864

And here 16th ad down, says "built on" A CHAPMANS OF WARE BLANK.

http://www.antiquevintagefishingtackle.co.uk/id36.html

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

The rod above seems to be 3 joints - not 2 + butt section.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Olly wrote:The rod above seems to be 3 joints - not 2 + butt section.
Look,s like the builder of that rod named it wrong, should have been the Avon Perfection.

Had a chat with John and Brian at Chapmans Today and apparently an order was made for six Kennet Perfection,s but the buyer never turned up to pay for them, and no I wont name the man,

The six finished rod,s were then sold on to other buyers and all had the Chapman badge. If they are kit,s made from Chapman blanks they will not have the Badge.

Lee.

Chubman
Crucian Carp

Post by Chubman »

Ljm183 wrote:
Olly wrote:The rod above seems to be 3 joints - not 2 + butt section.
Look,s like the builder of that rod named it wrong, should have been the Avon Perfection.

Had a chat with John and Brian at Chapmans Today and apparently an order was made for six Kennet Perfection,s but the buyer never turned up to pay for them, and no I wont name the man,

The six finished rod,s were then sold on to other buyers and all had the Chapman badge. If they are kit,s made from Chapman blanks they will not have the Badge.

Lee.
well the rod ive seen has the chapmans badge and is coming up at a small sporting goods auction soon so i may take a punt on it ,you never know i may get lucky and win it.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Chubman wrote: well the rod ive seen has the chapmans badge and is coming up at a small sporting goods auction soon so i may take a punt on it ,you never know i may get lucky and win it.
Sound,s like it,s one of the six made by Chapmans.

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

Very interesting.A good bit of detective work Ljm :Hat: .

Chubman
Crucian Carp

Post by Chubman »

well i got lucky today,popped into netherhampton sale rooms near salisbury and had a good look at the kennet before bidding started and to my suprise it was in mint condition and i got it at the bottom estimate for £90, most of the buyers were looking at fly fishing tackle, which helped, its perfect, dead strait,cork unmarked,3piece 11-6 with original bag in very good condition. well pleased with its purchase,i will post a pic tomorrow if anyones interested,i finished the day off a mile away on the avon at britford with 2 pals with a bag of grayling, the roach decided not to play, to cold for them and me, but still a good end to the season.best wishes to all for the season to come, chubman.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Well done Chubman, Sometimes you get lucky and the bidders are not there and you end up with a very nice rod for a good price.

Happy :fishing1:

Lee.

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”