Mint Chapman 500

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: Mint Chapman 500

Post by Loop Erimder »

I'd make it super de lux with lined rings throughout like I did with my 500 :Cool:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

There's two schools of thought here....and I find myself agreeing with both of them :Chuckle:

Good job this fence doesn't have splinters.......*

You might argue that this is a time-capsule ( MHC's expression)......it hasn't changed since it was made 50 or more years ago and it should therefore not change now.

Or

You could argue better rings on it...and maybe more of them.... will make it a better rod.

I think I'm leaning towards the first.......preserve the time capsule.

* Old English expression; some one who cannot decide is said to be 'sitting on the fence'.

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Nobby wrote:There's two schools of thought here....and I find myself agreeing with both of them :Chuckle:

Good job this fence doesn't have splinters.......*

You might argue that this is a time-capsule ( MHC's expression)......it hasn't changed since it was made 50 or more years ago and it should therefore not change now.

Or

You could argue better rings on it...and maybe more of them.... will make it a better rod.

I think I'm leaning towards the first.......preserve the time capsule.

* Old English expression; some one who cannot decide is said to be 'sitting on the fence'.

Nicely spoken Nobby,Sir!!
:Hat:
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

If the rod doesn't need any work leave it as it is, but if it needs work ....... upgrade.

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”