Ferrules

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Rod
Grayling

Ferrules

Post by Rod »

I recently bought off "you know where", a 500, it is only the standard version, and has a ticket price of £4-10/- on the handle, unknown to me and the seller the female ferrule was split along it's whole length. After discussing this with the seller he gave me two options, send it back for a a full refund, including the return P&P, or a partial refund to cover the cost of repair, I plumped for the repair option, so I enquired with Chapman's to see how much, he gave me a quote, but then realised he had no brass ferrules for 500's left.
So now we come to the question, can one of you gentlemen please put me onto some one who will, supply and replace the ferrules, both male and female for me. I am quite competent at refurbishing a rod, but fitting ferrules, I don't think is in my sphere of skill.
It has a black transfer, (no gold), the cane looks in perfect condition, but the handle looks like a mouse had a go at it, it looks very straight, so all in all I deem it worth spending money on, so all I need now is some one to pay the money to :Thumb:
Rod :Hat:
An old man, who's only pleasure left in life, is sitting by some water, fiddling with his maggots?

Beresford
Sea Trout

Re: Ferrules

Post by Beresford »

PM sent
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”