Hunter 14'

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Greentura
Crucian Carp

Hunter 14'

Post by Greentura »

Does anyone have one or has used one? I'm about to commit to buying the one on eBay but it's a lot for a rod i only have on my list through having a few 12' versions, witch are wonderful heavy float rods by the way. I'm just worried that the extra 2 feet may be too much although fishing a large deep lake it would be nice to have.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: Hunter 14'

Post by Nobby »

I am told it's a bit of a beast, Andy..that extra two feet will feel a lot more than two feet...just look at the difference in feel between an 11 and a 12 foot float rod.

Greentura
Crucian Carp

Re: Hunter 14'

Post by Greentura »

That's what I expect but I'm considering using a modified 5' top section I have that comes up the same as a hunter at the ferrule to make it 15' and fitting a screw in button with a brass weight as counterbalance bertween the alloy boss and button, it works well on my long rods and better balance far outweighs the extra weight overall, I can hold that rod at 20' all day if needed. I nearly had my modified FJT's built with buttons for that reason but they turned out fine.

I think I'll take the risk and see how it goes, I have two other hunters to restore and one that Mike did for me that I've been using and two will have to go when done, probably next spring ready for the tench in the new season which they are sublime for. Mrs GT has even given her blessing to go for it, I wonder what she's up to :wink:

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”