Waiting Times

The Chapmans Rods forum.
ScottyDog

Waiting Times

Post by ScottyDog »

Back in November 2008 I ordered new tips for a Lucky Strike & Record Breaker from Chapmans, also sent a butt section for re-corking. I'm still waiting!! Do they always take so long to fullfill orders? Gonna ring them tomorrow, they've had long enough!! :x

CrayCane
Chub

Re: Waiting Times

Post by CrayCane »

Have you not contacted them before?

Pete

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

4years!!! Maybe they are waiting for the bamboo to grow
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Chris Yates sent a gudgeon rod off to Edward Barder for refurbishment, after 15 years it's now ready for collection.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

ScottyDog

Post by ScottyDog »

Last spoke to them a few months ago & they said the tips were made but ferrules need to go on & the butt was recorked! New cane rods overpriced, old ones sometimes of variable/questionabel quality, cane rod makers working at pace of glacial drift. It's enough to make one revert to carbon fibre!

ScottyDog

Post by ScottyDog »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:Chris Yates sent a gudgeon rod off to Edward Barder for refurbishment, after 15 years it's now ready for collection.
P*** take or what!!

Haydn Clarke

Post by Haydn Clarke »

scottydog wrote:New cane rods overpriced, old ones sometimes of variable/questionabel quality, cane rod makers working at pace of glacial drift.

New cane rods overpriced?

Who are you comparing them too?

Just for balance, I've seen and restored a few Chapman rods and I've never seen a really bad one yet. When they made a new tip section for my Swimversa it was done in several weeks.

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Nowhere near as long as waiting to fish some syndicate fshing lakes.
Another member on here is now finally a member of the syndicate that he joined the waiting list 20 years ago.
I'm waiting to join a syndicate - once a Walker/Taylor lake that ( at one time) held many Leney carp ( which actually came from Redmire) - I've been on the waiting list 5 years and believe I will probably get a place in 2014 0r 2015 ......if I'm lucky.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

RyanBurns

Post by RyanBurns »

That is ahell of a long time!
did you ask when ordering how long it would take!

ScottyDog

Post by ScottyDog »

Expected it to take perhaps a few months but not this long, ordered a Wizard tip once & only waited a few weeks!

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”