Chapman Hunter 12'

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Greentura
Crucian Carp

Re: Chapman Hunter 12'

Post by Greentura »

Your welcome Mark. bare in mind the restored one has an extra band above the transfer and writing to cover where the old varnish was still there, the rubber button and alloy are non original, and the ferules, tip guide and all the cork are new too. this was probably the worst chapmans rod i have had while still being sold as 'IN FINE USEABLE CONDITION' :shocked: both sets of ferules had been bent through around 140 degrees and straightened with pliers, the tip guide was some sort of fuji thing with a screw thread, the button and alloy had gone completely and the cork had been shaped to be flat on one side for half it's length with something like a bow saw judging by the score marks. It's only saving grace was the cane it's self was full length and straight but i had waited a few years for one so got it. then another a few weeks later which had lost 6" from the tip, and the other one in the picture a few months ago. i was trying to get the 14' one on ebay but i had no network coverage when i tried to bid and it didn't sell. the seller decided not to sell after that but has my number, just in case :wink:

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Mark wrote:Does anyone have any close up pictures of a Chapman Hunter 12' rod. I would like to see what the whippings and rod label look like.
Here,s one just found on ebay don,t look at the starting price
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Colle ... 257a961746

Haydn Clarke

Post by Haydn Clarke »

A laugh out loud (that annoying lol thing) just does no justice to the absurdity of that asking price. An absolutely pointless eBay listing if there ever was one.

Fantastic rod though. I'm lucky enough to have one and got it for about its correct price of £150.00

Six hundred quid... Ridiculous!

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Aah, some people!

Unless the seller paid over the odds its just pure sillyness. Now I've said that there'll be a bidding war and it will go for more (hope not)

Gaz

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Oh what a surprise still no bids
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Greentura
Crucian Carp

Post by Greentura »

well i hope they start going for £600, i have yhree, one mint restored , pictured on previouse page, one useable and unrestored as the one for sale and one that needs a new tip and ferules, should be worth at least £300 by his pricing :Hahaha: should sell them all and get a perfection roach and craftversa from Andrew Davis :Wink:

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Having recognised that I'm now past chasing model aeroplanes around fields, I put a few small engines on a certain auction site ... and ...

I'm happy to say that as a result I now have, winging it's way to me from a Gentleman in Dorset, an example of a "Hunter" in original condition which I hope to put to use in the coming months (if it stops snowing ... as it is here now !!!).

Apologies. Please ignore this post ... plans altered.
Last edited by AshbyCut on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Greentura
Crucian Carp

Post by Greentura »

a nice example of a phenolic glass Hunter 1000 by the look of it :Thumb:

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”