Hardy LRH No2?

The Hardy Rods forum.
Cat
Chub

Hardy LRH No2?

Post by Cat »

Evening All,
Having purchased an Allcock's Carp / Avon (previous post...thank you for the advice on line rating Gentlemen), I paired it up with an Altex No2 loaded with 8lb line, went out at the weekend and caught the cane bug, along with some very nice double figure carp.
However, my concern is that with the larger fish, although it coped admirably, it may be slightly undergunned and I may damage it (although a lovely rod to use with an action designed in the vector department of heaven). The problem is, stating the obvious, one never knows what may take the bait, and the giddy 20lb mirror heading towards the lilly bed broke me into a cold sweat!
So, having caught the cane cold, and having read past posts, I was wondering if anyone has a good useable Hardy LRH No2 they may be interested in parting with, thus enabling me to fish with 10 to 12lb mono on something like a Dam 330 Abu 66? I'm very wary of buying cane on the 'bay of plenty', and dealer prices seem 'challenging' (although I accept they are absolute top quality rods).
Regards Cat

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Hardy LRH No2?

Post by Olly »

I recently found 2 and purchased them - very impressed with the power it has compared to my Carp/Avon.

Both were purchased from that "auction site" .

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Thanks Olly...both okay I assume?

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

I'm thinking of selling an LRH 2 that has just been restored by Wal and unused since . Just not sure if its value .
I think you've made a great choice to compliment your Allcocks . The cork might be a bit thin for me though .

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Hi Keston,
Let me know if you're interested. Funny how I prefer the thin cork handles (as on the Carp Avon).
Thanks Cat.

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

There's actually one on Bay Watch at the moment, but I'm not convinced the whippings look correct (as in they're red), but I am not an expert.

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Cat wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:41 pm There's actually one on Bay Watch at the moment, but I'm not convinced the whippings look correct (as in they're red), but I am not an expert.
I'm no expert either but it looks restored and I dont think that butt ring is correct ?

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Thanks for looking...I'll avoid.

Shropshire Lad
Perch

Post by Shropshire Lad »

original condition with cloth bag and spanner price usually around the £150 mark at this point in time.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

A bit low there! More like £200 - with the £30 spanner! For dealers add another £100 roughly.

£150 is for needing work - or restored.

Return to “Hardy Cane Rods”