Hardy "The Perfection Roach"

The Hardy Rods forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Hardy "The Perfection Roach"

Post by AshbyCut »

There have been troubling times for everyone recently ... and circumstances have resulted in my inability to dangle a line for over a year !!! As I sit at my keyboard typing this I am surrounded by bags of fine ground crumb intended for 'cloud' ground bait.

I needed cheering up ... and something to look forward to ... and what could be better than to start to make plans for next year !!!

The chance came along for me to become the custodian of a rod to put a smile on most people's faces ... and I now have a virtually mint Hardy's "The Perfection Roach" in original bag ... with the serial number E 80453 ... which I believe dates it to 1951 ... meaning it will celebrate it's 70th. birthday in 2021 ... just as i will !!!

Image Image

Image Image
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Silfield
Brown Trout

Re: Hardy "The Perfection Roach"

Post by Silfield »

What a stunning rod, a real gem. I don't think that I would be able to wait until next season to use it thou.
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

An absolutely splendid rod AC - I have a slightly later one carrying the serial number H 59242 and this is used with a Hardy Conquest centrepin with the wheel in the hole tension adjuster. You will not be disappointed with the rod AC whilst mine has yet to see a Roach over 1lb it has accounted for several Tench at 3lb plus.

I will look forward to reading your posts with this rod - best steer away from venues with Common & Mirror Carp though!!

AllRounder
Brown Trout

Post by AllRounder »

Well found Mal it is indeed a fantastic rod to angle with. I have the mark2 version that seems to cope admirably with anything I ask of it including unintended Barbel and chub. Look forward to your first bankside reports. :fishing1:

Return to “Hardy Cane Rods”