B. James & Sons MkIV?

The B. James & Sons Rods forum.
Cat
Chub

B. James & Sons MkIV?

Post by Cat »

Evening All,
Moving gradually from glass to cane (tad addictive and lovely to use), and having recently purchased a lovely Hardy LRH No2 courtesy of Keston to accompany my Allcocks Carp Avon (the same one that went swimming on Wednesday), I was wondering if anyone may be interested in selling a B.James MkIV?
My justification (to my wife) is that it is it was my friends same MkIV that saved my Allcocks (and Altex) from its unexpected swim.
It would fill the 10lb gap between the other two - the Allcocks taking 8lb, the Hardy 12lb.
Basically, looking for a nice straight 'user' with tight ferrals, no knocking, etc, and I'm not concerned re early or later models / type of cork (heresy, but I do like the look of the later 'England' models).
Thanks all, and no hurry.
Regards Cat 🐈

Ambrosia
Stickleback

Re: B. James & Sons MkIV?

Post by Ambrosia »

Hi Cat,
Are you still looking for a MKiv? I have a sizeable collection that I'm looking to thin down somewhat. Early Ealing models through to late England models, and everything in between. All very beautiful.
If you're interested the best way to contact me is via email as I don't always see stuff on here right away:

js@ambrosepress.co.uk

Do get in touch if you're still looking.

Kind regards,
Jonathan
They waited for me, the whole river
Listened to me, and, blind,
Invisibly watched me. And held me deeper
With its blind, invisible hands.
“We’ve got him,” it whispered, “We’ve got him.”

Cat
Chub

Re: B. James & Sons MkIV?

Post by Cat »

PM sent.