B James Green Whipped Final Words.

The B. James & Sons Rods forum.
Fredline
Tench

Re: B James Green Whipped Final Words.

Post by Fredline »

You see Colin this is where you have let yourself down. You have not read this thread but feel you have to comment on it. If you had read the thread then on the previous page you will have seen this-

"So taking in all the information given about this rod it would appear that Watermole did not sell me a beautiful B.James MK1V Avon built cane fishing rod with dedicated bag that he had in his possession for 50 years, but Triggers broom. Just wait till I see that man."
I rest my case your honour.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Bumble wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:51 pm Love buying from you always easy transactions. I took a lot of grief over a certain rod I posted on here, as a follow up to another member , even Barder told me it was the real deal yet the key board warriors on here chose to find fault with it .

Bumble
Just to set the record straight Bumble, I am not a "key board warrior" just someone that does NOT use the word 'undoubtedly' when there clearly IS doubt! You realised your mistake and to your credit you corrected your original post, that should have been an end to it. However you then suggested rather sarcastically that in future you would use the word 'allegedly' instead. We are all entitled to an opinion, but I think that your comments about fellow members are uncalled for and unfair. You made a mistake and corrected it, so as I suggested before, when you are in a hole stop digging! For the good of the forum, learn from your mistake and move on! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Post by TraditionalAngling »

Bumble
I have been knocked for the last 35 years its water off a ducks back, but it still hurts at times !

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Best not to post when you've had a tincture or two?

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I started off enjoying this thread as I hoped to learn a bit more about certain rods, constructive criticism and debate gives us food for thought. I feel like I now reading a slanging match, which is a shame as the rod sounds like a lovely item which I can only aspire to. I am just so glad my rods are for using and come as cheap as possible through searching boot fairs so they are my tools to use as and when.. :Hat:

Sussex Micky
Arctic Char

Post by Sussex Micky »

getting to where Mark will shut this post down gents

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

Reedling wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:19 am I started off enjoying this thread as I hoped to learn a bit more about certain rods, constructive criticism and debate gives us food for thought. I feel like I now reading a slanging match, which is a shame as the rod sounds like a lovely item which I can only aspire to. I am just so glad my rods are for using and come as cheap as possible through searching boot fairs so they are my tools to use as and when.. :Hat:
My sentiments also.
Sussex Micky wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:20 am getting to where Mark will shut this post down gents
Alas, I think that is now inevitable. Shame as it was initially very informative.
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Thought I was on Facebook for a minute. I think it's time to lock this one before it really goes too far. :Hat:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Return to “B. James & Sons Cane Rods”