A proper Zander

This forum is for discussing zander.
Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: A proper Zander

Post by Dave Burr »

Is there nothing that won't eat Rahja Spice?

Still, good to know it's genuine but why feel the need to thrust it towards the lens?

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Coral Maestro wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:39 am
Shaun Harrison wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:49 pm
Coral Maestro wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:41 pm This zander was caught from a reservoir in the Correze, France. I've seen an english zander over 16lbs which was impressive but this one weighed 25lbs!

It was caught 1st February 2012 on one of my Rahja Spice boilies during a carp match and officially weighed.

Thanks for confirming the weight Shaun. I did actually fish the water with deadbaits for zander following the publication of this picture but all I could catch was small pike. Perhaps I should use Rahja Spice boilies!
I must admit I was amazed the first time I caught a zander on a boilie. That was at Margot in France. Since then I have had 2 more from 2 other lakes and still think of them as fluke captures, but who knows?

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

Dave Burr wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:31 am Is there nothing that won't eat Rahja Spice?

Still, good to know it's genuine but why feel the need to thrust it towards the lens?
Possibly because the elbow only hinges forwards, so when your arms are comfortably by your side, as are the captor's, the fish is naturally held a forearm's length in front of the body. It is obviously a design fault.

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Shaun Harrison wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:17 pm
Coral Maestro wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:39 am
Shaun Harrison wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:49 pm
Coral Maestro wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:41 pm This zander was caught from a reservoir in the Correze, France. I've seen an english zander over 16lbs which was impressive but this one weighed 25lbs!

It was caught 1st February 2012 on one of my Rahja Spice boilies during a carp match and officially weighed.

Thanks for confirming the weight Shaun. I did actually fish the water with deadbaits for zander following the publication of this picture but all I could catch was small pike. Perhaps I should use Rahja Spice boilies!
I must admit I was amazed the first time I caught a zander on a boilie. That was at Margot in France. Since then I have had 2 more from 2 other lakes and still think of them as fluke captures, but who knows?
It's a strange world. I've just returned from a carp session on the River Lot and my only capture was this 7-13 zander on double 22mm 'The Source" boilies!
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

And just to add to the conundrum of Zander being caught on boilies, I had this 8-10 fish yesterday on a 15mm pineapple pop-up!Image
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Must give that a go on the canal some time.

Return to “Zander (Stizostedion lucioperca)”