A proper Zander

This forum is for discussing zander.
Coral Maestro
Chub

A proper Zander

Post by Coral Maestro »

This zander was caught from a reservoir in the Correze, France. I've seen an english zander over 16lbs which was impressive but this one weighed 25lbs!

What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: A proper Zander

Post by Dave Burr »

Nice zed but those hands look too big to make it 25lb in my honest opinion

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

I must confess that over forty years ago, I owned an old caravan on the banks of the Great Ouse at Littleport. Every Friday after work I would drive from Enfield in Middlesex for the weekend, with my wife, Son and Daughter! On one particular weekend my son caught an 8lb plus Zander, but sadly it was deep hooked and died. Someone in a neighbouring caravan offered to cook it, so it would not go to waste. From memory it was quite nice, not unpleasant or 'boney' At the time my Son's fish was considered a specimen, but since then neither my son or myself have caught another Zander! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Dave Burr wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:04 pm Nice zed but those hands look too big to make it 25lb in my honest opinion
It was reported as 11.3kg which by my calculations is 24.9lbs. Perhaps he has big hands!
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Lea Dweller wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:33 pm I must confess that over forty years ago, I owned an old caravan on the banks of the Great Ouse at Littleport. Every Friday after work I would drive from Enfield in Middlesex for the weekend, with my wife, Son and Daughter! On one particular weekend my son caught an 8lb plus Zander, but sadly it was deep hooked and died. Someone in a neighbouring caravan offered to cook it, so it would not go to waste. From memory it was quite nice, not unpleasant or 'boney' At the time my Son's fish was considered a specimen, but since then neither my son or myself have caught another Zander! :Hat:
I’ve tried quite a lot of freshwater fish whilst holidaying in France, Germany and the Czech Republic. I think Zander is by far the tastiest and not at all boney, a match for any of the sea fish we prefer in this country.
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Where I get to fish in France. It also produces 20lb + sandre. Not a lover of any freshwater fish - even trout. Dinner tonight Dover Sole.

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

This one was caught by 'Small Hand Luke' at Lac Vassiviere. Recorded as 105cm

https://www.gite-location-vassiviere.co ... vassiviere

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

It's a big big lake - no a sea! 1000 hectares = 2471 acres! Boat (and motor) & fish finder (if allowed) essential!

What a good looking sandre - 41 inches long.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

What a beast :Sun:

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Mole-Patrol wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:46 pm This one was caught by 'Small Hand Luke' at Lac Vassiviere. Recorded as 105cm

https://www.gite-location-vassiviere.co ... vassiviere
Crikey, that's a whopper!
- Jack Hargreaves.

Return to “Zander (Stizostedion lucioperca)”