Milwards Floatcraft

The Milwards Rods forum.
ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Milwards Floatcraft

Post by ReelMaker »

Good morning fellow friends,does the 10-5ft floatcraft have a spliced middle joint of whole cane and split cane,I’ve seen one for sale that is straight through whole cane is this a true rod or a repair.Reelmaker.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Re: Milwards Floatcraft

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Hi Terrence, I think the longer rods of 12 and 14 feet are spliced whole cane in the middle sections but the 10ft 6in rod will probably be a one piece whole cane middle section.

Wal.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

There is a photo and description of a 12ft. version of the Floatcraft on the inthenet website ... shown and described to have a centre section with a "spliced split cane in tonkin mid."

http://www.inthenetuk.com/pages/Vintage ... lwards.asp
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

AshbyCut wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:42 pm There is a photo and description of a 12ft. version of the Floatcraft on the inthenet website ... shown and described to have a centre section with a "spliced split cane in tonkin mid."

http://www.inthenetuk.com/pages/Vintage ... lwards.asp
Similar to the Swimversa, some rods had middle sections which had built cane spliced in and some had a smaller diameter whole cane section spliced in. Not certain why but it could be a way of determining an early rod from a later version.

Dokterhoo
Dace

Post by Dokterhoo »

Hi,
See viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31411
for pics

Dok

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Yes the photo shows a split cane splice Reelmaker

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Look at Milwards Catalogues on this site:- https://splitcaneinfo.com/?page_id=653

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Thanks for the milwards catalogue,brings back memories,Reelmaker

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

ReelMaker wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:53 am Good morning fellow friends,does the 10-5ft floatcraft have a spliced middle joint of whole cane and split cane,I’ve seen one for sale that is straight through whole cane is this a true rod or a repair.Reelmaker.

Reelmaker ... Just bought a 10ft 7in. Floatcraft and it has a Spliced mid section of whole cane and split cane.
Last edited by Ljm183 on Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

My 12 ft Floatcraft is whole cane butt, whole cane spliced to split cane middle and split cane tip. I'll have a look in my Milwards catalogues tomorrow and see what they say about the 10 1/2ft version.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Return to “Milwards Cane Rods”