For Sale Again

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Troydog
Tench

Re: For Sale Again

Post by Troydog »

Hi Bobthefloat. Its all good fun, but time is rapidly running out on the rivers. BTW, what is ASHMEAD please?
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Troydog wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:09 pm Hi Bobthefloat. Its all good fun, but time is rapidly running out on the rivers. BTW, what is ASHMEAD please?
The best carp fishery in the land sir :Hat:

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Thank you sir !
John Harding

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Nigel Rainton wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:53 am If I were the owner I'd be a bit annoyed about this publicity, it is a private matter.
Just caught up with this thread... I have managed a project to deliver the restoration of the pool and conservation management across the estate for the past four years.

The sale is a private matter for the family and not within the scope of my work. I have known about the sale since last summer but have obviously respected client confidentiality about the matter until it was agreed that it could be discussed and the family were happy that it was.

The restoration adds little to the capital value of the estate and cost a significant sum, so I have huge respect for the owners for carrying out the work, even though the decision to sell had been taken. They did this out of respect for Redmire's angling heritage and because they wanted to hand the pool on in good condition.

Whether it is fished or not in the future is a matter for the new owners but I suspect privacy may be a more important consideration for someone purchasing a £3 million property than income from a bunch of carp anglers?

Time will tell. As long as the pool is respected I quite like the idea of it enjoying a quiet retirement and lying undisturbed.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

That’s a nice idea Skeff. Sometimes it’s best to just be grateful for all the good times and all the memories. A quiet retirement and lying undisturbed is a good plan, but I expect that there will be plenty of people who don’t see it that way at all - bit like Brexit really......
John Harding

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Here is a link to an article about the sale of the estate in Country Life magazine.
https://www.countrylife.co.uk/property/ ... UfEGyO086k
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Thank you for that link Snape - what an amazing history indeed.
John Harding

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

Been playing the lottery since this sale was announced, no luck though! :(
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

J.T wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:12 pm Been playing the lottery since this sale was announced, no luck though! :(
If we bought it all together as TFF HQ then it would only be £6500 each! I'm in! :Hahaha:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

How do you want the money - cash in a brown envelope, cheque or PayPal? :Thumb:

Trouble is I’m not 100% joking :Wink:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Return to “Redmire Pool”