Hi from Northwest Kent

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
User avatar
Cray Stalker
Minnow
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:51 pm
Location: " Stuart Whiting " Northwest Kent

Re: Hi form Northwest Kent

Post by Cray Stalker » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:32 pm

Paul_V wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:44 pm
hi. and welcome Stuart from another Kent boy...

I'm just outside Canterbury.

cheers, Paul.
Cheers Paul :Hat:

That's interesting as I do at times come down onto the Kentish Stour around Canterbury, have also fished the Canterbury club stretches at Fordwich, Westbere, Chislet and onto Grove ferry,

Loverly chalk stream that is, may we'll bump into yer sometime on the bank :Thumb:
River .. Roach .. Specialist .. Since .. 1985

User avatar
JW1
Grayling
Posts: 530
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:05 pm
Location: London

Re: Hi form Northwest Kent

Post by JW1 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:44 pm

Welcome back Stuart, do you fish the River Cray as your name suggests.

JW

User avatar
Keston
Arctic Char
Posts: 1951
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:48 pm
Location: Fareham

Re: Hi form Northwest Kent

Post by Keston » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:20 pm

Welcome from the south coast .

User avatar
Cray Stalker
Minnow
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:51 pm
Location: " Stuart Whiting " Northwest Kent

Re: Hi form Northwest Kent

Post by Cray Stalker » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:22 pm

JW1 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:44 pm
Welcome back Stuart, do you fish the River Cray as your name suggests.

JW
Cheers mate, yea sure do being me local little chalk stream :fish: :fishing2:

Do yer fish the Cray yerself JW
Last edited by Cray Stalker on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
River .. Roach .. Specialist .. Since .. 1985

User avatar
Cray Stalker
Minnow
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:51 pm
Location: " Stuart Whiting " Northwest Kent

Re: Hi form Northwest Kent

Post by Cray Stalker » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:23 pm

Keston wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:20 pm
Welcome from the south coast .
Cheers mate, is good to be back to :Thumb:
River .. Roach .. Specialist .. Since .. 1985

User avatar
JW1
Grayling
Posts: 530
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:05 pm
Location: London

Re: Hi form Northwest Kent

Post by JW1 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:21 pm

Cray Stalker wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:22 pm
JW1 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:44 pm
Welcome back Stuart, do you fish the River Cray as your name suggests.

JW
Cheers mate, yea sure do being me local little chalk stream :fish: :fishing2:

Do yer fish the Cray yerself JW
Yes its a lovely little river, I have fished it from Hall Place up to the weir catching mostly dace and roach. The bit from the town centre to Maiden lane has been disappointing so far. My favourite bit is roving from Maiden Lane up to the next weir, loads of perch and roach but so far not hooked any of those big chub or carp.

JW

User avatar
Cray Stalker
Minnow
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:51 pm
Location: " Stuart Whiting " Northwest Kent

Re: Hi form Northwest Kent

Post by Cray Stalker » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:12 am

JW1 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:21 pm
Cray Stalker wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:22 pm
JW1 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:44 pm
Welcome back Stuart, do you fish the River Cray as your name suggests.

JW
Cheers mate, yea sure do being me local little chalk stream :fish: :fishing2:

Do yer fish the Cray yerself JW
Yes its a lovely little river, I have fished it from Hall Place up to the weir catching mostly dace and roach. The bit from the town centre to Maiden lane has been disappointing so far. My favourite bit is roving from Maiden Lane up to the next weir, loads of perch and roach but so far not hooked any of those big chub or carp.

JW
Arh right ok, that's interesting as the section from the town to Barnes Cray rd / maiden lane has produced a few good fish to me so far, the section from maiden lane to Thames rd has also done well for me, mainly roach, I have actually had a common carp already this season at the back of Hall place which went 6 3/4lb,
A very underestimated little river that can still hold a few surprises :Hat:
River .. Roach .. Specialist .. Since .. 1985

User avatar
JW1
Grayling
Posts: 530
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:05 pm
Location: London

Re: Hi form Northwest Kent

Post by JW1 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:40 am

Thats interesting Stuart, a couple of people have said they have done well on that middle section, perhaps its the way I fish. I like to rove, trotting a float down, mostly with brandlings as bait, staying only 10 minutes in each place before moving down stream.

JW

User avatar
Cray Stalker
Minnow
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:51 pm
Location: " Stuart Whiting " Northwest Kent

Re: Hi form Northwest Kent

Post by Cray Stalker » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:29 am

JW1 wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:40 am
Thats interesting Stuart, a couple of people have said they have done well on that middle section, perhaps its the way I fish. I like to rove, trotting a float down, mostly with brandlings as bait, staying only 10 minutes in each place before moving down stream.

JW
That's exactly how I'd fish when trotting although I tend to use just maggot as it'll pretty much pick up anything that's in any particular swim, I tend to use bigger baits aiming at bigger fish on a very light ledger rig IE 2-3 swan shot on the mainline and still carry on roving between the swims :Thumb:
River .. Roach .. Specialist .. Since .. 1985

User avatar
Cray Stalker
Minnow
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:51 pm
Location: " Stuart Whiting " Northwest Kent

Re: Hi form Northwest Kent

Post by Cray Stalker » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:49 pm

Good afternoon members and freinds, I've been admittedly heavily tied up with other social media etc aswell as being extreamly busy over the last few months,

I've not been on the forum for a while and have to say that I do miss some of the interesting posts that get put up at times,

I'm glad to say that I've been kindly re activated again by Mark and am looking forward to communicating and catching back up again with many members and freinds,

Hope many of you are all keeping well :Hat:

Stuart
River .. Roach .. Specialist .. Since .. 1985

Post Reply

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests