New member London, Lincolnshire and Norfolk

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
ChrisHewett
Stickleback

New member London, Lincolnshire and Norfolk

Post by ChrisHewett »

Good morning,
I started fishing sixty years ago at the age of five with a 5 shilling plastic and metal fishing rod and reel with which I caught a splendid perch of 1 lb! The rod broke and the top section fell off and hit the surprised fish on the nose but I was smitten.
With more modern tackle I later fished the Mole with the Carshalton and district angling club. Later I fished various waters with the City of London Piscatorial society. My favourite was a lake at Newdigate where Chris Yates used to fish with a split cane rod, centre pin reel and curry flavoured sweetcorn.
I haven't fished since moving to Lincolnshire in 1990. I now have a small riverside home on the river Thurne on the Norfolk broads. Semi retired with Parkinson's I think it is about time to return to the art of angling and now by traditional methods and equipment.
I am searching for a complete set of traditional tackle. I don't want to end up making mistakes so I am hoping for some advice from the members of this forum when it comes to choosing a rod and reel.
I will mainly be fishing the broads from bank and boat. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Chris
Drink it while it's fizzing.

Liphook
Barbel

Re: New member London, Lincolnshire and Norfolk

Post by Liphook »

Welcome aboard Chris :Hat: You have a mass of excellent back reading at your disposal, should you wish to gen up on any subject! Pose any questions and I'm sure you will be offered answers. Having a home in the Broads sounds ideal for re acquainting yourself with angling, I hope you thoroughly enjoy it :Thumb:

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Welcome to the forum Chris it sounds like your originaly from my neck of the woods

Tom
Rudd

Post by Tom »

WELCOME!

Gobio Gobio
Grayling

Post by Gobio Gobio »

Welcome to the forum Chris.
Looking forward to hearing more from you about Norfolk, surely the perfect place to fish from a boat.

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

Welcome Chris,
Also from Norfolk but originally from Ilford-been here since the age of 8 but have not been given the 'local' status yet!
Still some good pike being taken on the Thurne in the winter and a good showing of Bream. Mind your head on the underside of the bridge at Potter -Heigham thou!
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Welcome to the forum Chris.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Welcome.

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Welcome to the TFF Sir.
:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Welcome from North Worcestershire. I have fished various Norfolk rivers and broads since the early 1960s - 50 years ago I had a month fishing based at Stalham and Ludham whilst a couple of guys were walking on the moon.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”