Hello from York!

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Bill
Stickleback

Re: Hello from York!

Post by Bill »

Santiago wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:13 pm Hello Bill and welcome to the forum. How's the fishing in York these days? York is where I grew up and I cast my first line in Oggies Pond, my second in Chappies, and my third in the Railway Pond. I took my son to see the Railway Pond a few years ago and found it had been half drained and half the pond filled in and built on. I fished there when it contained monster chub six pound plus and one or two flat fish and hundreds of sticklebacks. Nowadays I suspect it just has carp and a few tench! Anyway, what's the fishing like in York these days?
Was talking to an old fella when fishing the Foss basin for pike (a good spot, by the way), he said there’s all sorts in the railway, don’t know when he had last been though. Some good roach, bream and pike in the Foss, and I’m lucky enough to live right by it. Tend to river fish so am not au fait with the Stillwater venues you mentioned. Hoping to find a nice, quiet, old farm pond to catch tiny tench from in the summer
“Lord, suffer me to catch a fish so large that even I, when talking of it afterwards, may have no need to lie.” - The Fisherman’s Prayer

Bill
Stickleback

Post by Bill »

Cheers for the welcoming words everyone
“Lord, suffer me to catch a fish so large that even I, when talking of it afterwards, may have no need to lie.” - The Fisherman’s Prayer

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

Ow-do!

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Welcome aboard Bill. Some of my favourite fishing spots are in your area mostly around the Thirsk and York areas.

Wal.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

I am sure that you will enjoy the forum Bill!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Dom Andrew
Rudd

Post by Dom Andrew »

Bill wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:16 pm
Dave Burr wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:37 pm Welcome to the forum, put on a face mask, wash your hands and settle in for some cosy chat.
:Hahaha:

In years to come, when Corvid-19 is a distant memory , folks will be wondering what the meaning is behind this comment. :)

Welcome aboard Bill.

Dom. :Hat:

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”