Greetings

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Bilch
Stickleback

Greetings

Post by Bilch »

Hello to you all! I come from Slovenia and I've been a fisherman for more than 30 years, but with a more than 10 years long pause in between - a fly fisher in my youth and a spin fisher since I started fishing again 10 years ago.

Early this year, in a fishing forum I am active in, out of pure curiosity I started reading the subforums on old fishing tackle. One could say that was a spark that started a flame. I became so fascinated that I bought my own 50 years old Quick 331. Fishing with it was (and still is) a wonderful experience, so three other reels followed shortly, another one last week and there will certainly be more in the future. Except the last one, I took all these reels apart and thoroughly cleaned (included sanding some of them), polished and lubricated the parts. Now they work almost as new (apart from some very light play between some of the parts) and have brought me some very nice fish already.

I also bought myself a solid fibreglass rod, but I admit, I am still getting used to fishing with it. Rods are a bit more difficult to obtain for me, since I am not willing to buy them from abroad due to high shipping costs.

In search for Information I stumbled upon this Forum. Apart from fining some very interesting stuff, I also found out, that a few of my fellow boardies are active here and it’s always nice to meet some old acquaintances :Wink:

I am afraid at the moment I cannot contribute much to this forum, but I sincerely hope that will change with time ...

Best regards!
So long, and thanks for all the fish

Pallenpool
Zander

Re: Greetings

Post by Pallenpool »

Welcome to the TFF
:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

SkimmingTheCream
Chub

Post by SkimmingTheCream »

Welcome to the TFF

AllRounder
Brown Trout

Post by AllRounder »

:welcome: Welcome to the forum.

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Welcome aboard, Bilch :Hat:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

JW1
Grayling

Post by JW1 »

Welcome to the forum, hopefully you may be able to show us some locally made Slovenian tackle, for us in the UK that would be exotic.

JW

Bilch
Stickleback

Post by Bilch »

JW1 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:31 pm Welcome to the forum, hopefully you may be able to show us some locally made Slovenian tackle, for us in the UK that would be exotic.

JW
Not mut chance to talk about these in TFF, I’m afraid. There are only a few manufacturers of flies and hard-lures and they’ve been around for maybe 10 years, not more.
The only older Slovenian product I know of (apart from flies) was a fly-rod named "Soca 180" (named after Soca - Isonzo river). These were fiberglass rods produced by a fly-fishing enthusiast in the late 70ies.
So long, and thanks for all the fish

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Hello Bilch. Welcome to the forum pull up a chair and enjoy. Looking forward to hearing some of your exploits from Slovenia.

Hope you have some luck locating some vintage rods and other tackle, be it split cane or fibreglass.

:Hat:

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Slovenia, home of Lake Bled. Is there a more alluring water?

Welcome aboard Bilch

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Welcome to the forum Bilch.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”