Hello to everyone

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Wanderer
Brown Trout

Re: Hello to everyone

Post by Wanderer »

Tonkin Wand wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:52 am Hi Neal, Welcome, with your fine introduction of your self there will be many here to converse with.You seem to have a varst selection of good waters to choose from. Regards Tony
Thanks for your kind comments,"Tonkin Wand"
It may seem odd to some, but I take a great deal of pleasure in fishing on Rivers that have come back to life.
As a child, I remember stinking water, oil slicks, huge amounts of foam, the dumping of solids and the largely unseen waste discharge from chemical works and others. The others include sewage treatment works that were wholly inadequate.

Things are not perfect these days, by any means.
But now , these rivers can be a delight to fish.
It is truly wonderful to have witnessed and experienced this transformation in my lifetime.

Best wishes

Neal.
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Wanderer wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:12 am
Coral Maestro wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:05 am Greetings Wanderer! My first reel was a Black Prince. Do you still have yours? My reel was moved on and replaced with a Daiwa. I picked up a boxed Black Prince recently but I'm not sure it'll get much use. It was a "nostalgia" purchase.
Enjoy the forum!
Hello to you, "Coral Maestro"
Thank you for the Greetings.
With regard to the Black prince, yes I think I do still have it. I think it's in my old reel (mostly old junk) drawer, in the garage.
I remember that when It was first given to me ,it didnt have any kind of knob on the handle and quite severe line grooving.
First problem solved with a bit of, roughly shaped cork and the second(sometime later) with a file.......
Looking back now, I have fond memories of the old thing and I caught fish using it.

Boxed Black prince. Very interesting.
These days, the reels come in for a lot of negative comments but they were affordable and reliable and were used by lots of boys at the time.

All the best.

Neal
I think mine cost the princely sum of £1 (the green folding sort, not the shiny golden coin we have nowadays). Who would have thought that pound coins would become "loose change"?!!
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Post by Carp Artist »

:welcome: Neal. :Hat:
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

Goose
Minnow

Post by Goose »

Welcome to TTF Neal, I know you will enjoy it here.

Malcolm
Life is an adventure, bring a fishing rod and a camera.

OldRod
Grayling

Post by OldRod »

Wanderer wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:47 am
OldRod wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:51 pm Welcome Neal.
My wife is from Ponty, and is the same age as you.
I said you may be one of her old flames! :Hahaha:

OldRod (Keith)
[/quo
te]

Hello Keith.
Thanks for the welcome.
I dont know about "old flames".....,but I may have known her. Does she still have family in the area ?
I didnt move to pontefract until the mid 80's,previously I lived in South Elmsall. I attended Minsthorpe High School, which was a very progressive Comprehensive at that time and performed on stage with the ( later to be) playwright, John Godber, who was a year or two older than me.
All the best.
Neal.
Sorry for the late reply Neal (long story)
She left for pastures new mid 80's, and I met her early 2000's, so her earlier life is not entirely known to me! :Chuckle:
Stay safe!
At the end of the game, the pawn and the King go back into the same box........

Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Post by Carp Artist »

Welcome aboard Neal :Hat:
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”