Guilty pleasures

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Duckett
Tench

Guilty pleasures

Post by Duckett »

Is anyone other than me willing to admit to liking the brown coloured Milward badged centrepins? Or, am I a weird loner?
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: Guilty pleasures

Post by RBTraditional »

I haven’t got one but do admit that I like “their” version of the Trudex.... what is it about that colour...?
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

RBTraditional wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:00 pm I haven’t got one but do admit that I like “their” version of the Trudex.... what is it about that colour...?
Chocolate ? :Hahaha:

Wal.

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

RBTraditional wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:00 pm I haven’t got one but do admit that I like “their” version of the Trudex.... what is it about that colour...?
Wal is being kind! I’m not sure I can do it justice but photos below! The Floatcraft is their Rapidex. As you can see, it’s the early version and I think they are superior to the later version. They also seem to sell for less and I can only think that’s because of the colour!
ImageImage
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Ambidexman
Bleak

Post by Ambidexman »

What a beauty! ....and I love the colour :Thumb:

Kev D
Chub

Post by Kev D »

That colour makes me think of old tobacco tins and their contents - very vintage.
I like the stylish double use of the M & D in Millward.
Last edited by Kev D on Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
In order to shoot some close-ups, wildlife photographer ,the late Len Scapstillon, lured the orca to him by dressing as a seal.......

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Onanism :tea:

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Somehow Milward always got the old style body to the reel, long after others were supplied with a modified shape. For that matter they got 'wrinkle-finish' paint long after that was discontinued too....and in brown! And their name stamped on, not a badge.

Even when they went over to a Trudex called the Floatcraft MkII they still got the reel in brown, but by then it was an 'ordinary' paint.

Clearly they were favoured customers, maybe?

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Dave Burr wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:52 am Onanism :tea:
:Hahaha: :Hahaha: :Hahaha: I just have to ask, in the Biblical sense or the modern sense?

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Nobby wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:52 pm Somehow Milward always got the old style body to the reel, long after others were supplied with a modified shape. For that matter they got 'wrinkle-finish' paint long after that was discontinued too....and in brown! And their name stamped on, not a badge.

Even when they went over to a Trudex called the Floatcraft MkII they still got the reel in brown, but by then it was an 'ordinary' paint.

Clearly they were favoured customers, maybe?
That’s really interesting Nobby, thanks. Do you know if they carried on using the metal ratchet switch? I’ve seen about half a dozen and they have all had it. One of the reasons I prefer the early type Rapidex/Floatcraft.

I’ve still only seen one Floatcraft Mk2 and the brown looks seriously washed out on that.

Phil

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”