What one??

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
EssexMark
Minnow

What one??

Post by EssexMark »

Hello all.
So I really fancy getting an Ambidex and knowing that Mr Yates got his big one on one definitely makes me want one. I have a Mk IV so the thought of using one of these on that rod gives a me a smile. However I see there are a number of different variants. Someone has said recently that a 6 is what I need. Is that correct? Does it really matter? In respect of actually buying one I see the main companies ( Vintage Tackle and Thomas Thorman) have them for sale but are these over priced? Sorry for the questions. Those that may have seen my intro post will see I've come back to fishing after a bit of a lay off and want to get rid of all the bling from my fishing πŸ™‚

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Re: What one??

Post by Harry H »

I think CY used a MK3 Ambidex but could be wrong but I'm sure one of the Ambidex experts will be along and will probably give you a better value for money when purchasing a reel. :Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

EssexMark wrote: ↑Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:52 pm Hello all.
So I really fancy getting an Ambidex and knowing that Mr Yates got his big one on one definitely makes me want one. I have a Mk IV so the thought of using one of these on that rod gives a me a smile. However I see there are a number of different variants. Someone has said recently that a 6 is what I need. Is that correct? Does it really matter? In respect of actually buying one I see the main companies ( Vintage Tackle and Thomas Thorman) have them for sale but are these over priced? Sorry for the questions. Those that may have seen my intro post will see I've come back to fishing after a bit of a lay off and want to get rid of all the bling from my fishing πŸ™‚
Have a look at this old thread.

viewtopic.php?f=279&t=65
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

EssexMark
Minnow

Post by EssexMark »

Thanks for responses guys. Sorry for my tardiness in replying

Return to β€œJ. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”