Newly aquired Bill Howes Rod, now restored for new season

The Davenport & Fordham Rods forum.
Shed_Monkey
Grayling

Re: Newly aquired Bill Howes Rod, now restored for new season

Post by Shed_Monkey »

Super job Paul - looks like the thread was spot on and the guides look good too :clap:

I've built the hande and have split and roughed the strips for mine - to be completed during the summer break :Thumb:

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Splendid work, Sir. :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

A lovely rod.

Bill used to photo my fish and do features with Bill Rushmer and myself. We did one on the Mole at Esher with chub. Pictures somewhere.

PondLife
Perch

Post by PondLife »

I've got one languishing in the garage somewhere. Unfortunately it's got a set in both the butt and tip section. So i think it's a goner. Shame because it looks and feels like a nice rod.

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

PondLife wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:20 pm I've got one languishing in the garage somewhere. Unfortunately it's got a set in both the butt and tip section. So i think it's a goner. Shame because it looks and feels like a nice rod.
I’d dig it out and put some photos up here. I’ve never done it myself but a set can be corrected with heat.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

PondLife
Perch

Post by PondLife »

I've had several attempts at removing sets and failed every time (i'm obviously incompetent) . I always seem to end up with kinks, therefore i'm reluctant to go anywhere near the rod in question and as i said the butt section also has a set which being so thick is probably impossible to get out. In fact it's the first time I've encountered a set in the butt section of a rod.

Return to “Davenport & Fordham Cane Rods”