Oliver's Sale

The Oliver's of Knebworth Rods forum.
Olly
Wild Carp

Oliver's Sale

Post by Olly »

Just found a load of fibre glass rod blanks, ferrules, etc up for sale by Olliver's of Knebworth - all on an auction site.

Rod
Grayling

Re: Oliver's Sale

Post by Rod »

Sorry to say Olly, these have been on the auction site for well over a year, when I decided to try my hand at refurbishing some cane rods, I was so scared I might ruin them, so I bought three blanks, plus all the fittings from Ted and Tina, ie Olivers. I rang them on a number of occasions for advice, and finally made from scratch, an 11ft Avon, a 9ft ledger and a 11ft carp rod, I then posted some pics on here to see if the members thought I was good enough to have a go at cane, haven't looked back since. I still buy most of my stuff from them including whipping binders, silk, and rod eyes, I was lucky enough to get a clear agate butt and tip eye a couple of weeks ago, and they cost me well under what the usual suppliers were charging, so they seem to have quite a bit of old stock, and from what Tina said, the are still buying in eyes and stuff.
An old man, who's only pleasure left in life, is sitting by some water, fiddling with his maggots?

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Well the glass rods were always quality! Made several for myself & others in the early age of glass. Regrettably I no longer have them!

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Dear me but some of the things in that listing reminds me very strongly of the 12 ft Fibatube tench rod kit I built a rod from in 1973 and that disappeared in my mother's clear out in 1985 (along with a Fibatube Mk IV carp, a Delmatic and an Efgeeco seat box). May have found a summer project.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Return to “Oliver's of Knebworth Cane Rods”