South Yorkshire Navigation Canal

This forum belong to the other Canals.
Penninelad
Arctic Char

Re: South Yorkshire Navigation Canal

Post by Penninelad »

If anyone has not booked in but would like to attend just turn up at 10.00am on Sunday as there is plenty of room.
Mark Davies

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

I will be bringing some sprats (fresh today from Morrison's) if anyone fancies dead-baiting.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Deadbaiting, forget the Deadbaiting, just bring a frying pan with the sprats....

BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Deadbaiting, forget the Deadbaiting, just bring a frying pan with the sprats....

BB

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

There are very few pike in the SYN at Kilnehurst but I did catch one of 9lbs last year.In my experience perch will not take sprats,but I am open to be proven wrong.Live gudgeon are the bait of choice other than brandlings and lobworms.The difficulty can be catching them although there's are plenty in the canal.I look forward to seeing you all.
Mark Davies

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

I'm crying off Mark, got a problem tooth which has been troubling me all night. Hope all goes well for you and those attending.
Tight Lines
Jeremy
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Penninelad wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:34 am There are very few pike in the SYN at Kilnehurst but I did catch one of 9lbs last year.In my experience perch will not take sprats,but I am open to be proven wrong.Live gudgeon are the bait of choice other than brandlings and lobworms.The difficulty can be catching them although there's are plenty in the canal.I look forward to seeing you all.
I intended them for the perch. Just as a fall back. I like to be prepared for all eventualities (even though they wouldn't let me in the Scouts because I had 'the wrong attitude' - extremely perceptive of them).
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Banksy
Brown Trout

Post by Banksy »

Thank you Mark, for arranging this day for us!
It wasn't easy fishing, but there's little point in doing something that is easy, is there?

Really enjoyed the company as well as the lunch, and it was good to meet some more members of the TFF.

And a special mention for Barbelseeker's wife Joan for those delicious scones, and Peter for the Damson Jam!
:Thumb:

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

I throughly enjoyed my day on the SYNC in Rotherham today, although the fishing was quite hard. I only had a couple of small un's but the place was nice and the fellow male TFF members were all older than me. It's very rare these days that I go anywhere and am the youngest there. The lady angler who turned up doesn't count.
Thanks guys for the great pies and the wonderful fruit scones, I think I have been missing out on some of life's luxuries in the past.
Mark, do I owe you for the day ticket as you were talking to the bailiff and he never asked me for any money.

Thanks
BB

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

I throughly enjoyed my day on the SYNC in Rotherham today, although the fishing was quite hard. I only had a couple of small un's but the place was nice and the fellow male TFF members were all older than me. It's very rare these days that I go anywhere and am the youngest there. The lady angler who turned up doesn't count.
Thanks guys for the great pies and the wonderful fruit scones, I think I have been missing out on some of life's luxuries in the past.
Mark, do I owe you for the day ticket as you were talking to the bailiff and he never asked me for any money.

Thanks
BB

Return to “Other Canals”