South Yorkshire Navigation Canal

This forum belong to the other Canals.
BreadFlake
Dace

Re: South Yorkshire Navigation Canal

Post by BreadFlake » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:24 pm

I quite fancy fishing the Canal on the Pasture's lodge stretch through the close season after some Roach, and hopefully some Bream. I've never fished it before round there so here's hoping.

Penninelad
Chub

Post by Penninelad » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:33 pm

Would anyone like to join me for a day on the SYN? I have caught to some decent perch in recent weeks and on my last two visits lost two very big perch.Lobworms and float fished gudgeon are attracting the better perch although a bunch of brandlings is also effective.There are also plenty of silver fish showing and our hemp and tares anglers would do well. Day tickets are available on the bank( if the bailiff is in attendance which is very rare)and for the less mobile you can fish very close to your vehicle.Bendsomecane may also be persuaded to join us .Send me a PM and we will fix a suitable date.
Mark Davies

Bob Brookes
Tench

Post by Bob Brookes » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:40 pm

Sounds fun, I could be tempted. I have various commitments (Hols and trips) in September, but if you settle on a date I am free then count me in. I guess it would be even better in the winter?
"Dost though love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of" Benjamin Franklin

Jeremy Croxall
Eel

Post by Jeremy Croxall » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:58 am

I would like to join you Mark date dependant of course. As far as I can remember I haven't caught a perch over a pound but would love to remedy this situation!
With my silken line and delicate hook, I wander in a myriad of ripples and find freedom.
Li Yu

Barbelseeker
Roach

Post by Barbelseeker » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:39 am

Dependant on date, I would be interested. Nice to meet up with you all, although it would be for the roach fishing

Bob Brookes
Tench

Post by Bob Brookes » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:56 am

Barbelseeker wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:39 am
Dependant on date, I would be interested. Nice to meet up with you all, although it would be for the roach fishing
So you will catch some Gudgeon livebaits for me?😉
"Dost though love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of" Benjamin Franklin

Banksy
Grayling

Post by Banksy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:08 am

Subject to holidays, I'd love to join you all again.
It's been a long time since Ravensfield, and the greenheart top on my old cane rod had been mended!

Lovely perch Andy, and your assistant photographer has done an excellent job!

Barbelseeker
Roach

Post by Barbelseeker » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:51 am

Bob Brookes wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:56 am
Barbelseeker wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:39 am
So you will catch some Gudgeon livebaits for me?😉
Sorry bob, my gudgeon are normally as big as your medium barbel, so will be too big I think :) :Hahaha:

Penninelad
Chub

Post by Penninelad » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:39 pm

I have fixed the date for Sunday 15th September.I suggest we meet at the entrance to the canal at Carlisle Street,Kilnehurst,Rotherham at 10.00am.There is a locked barrier.If this is opened you can get your vehicle close to where you want to fish.Suggested baits,maggots,brandlings and gudgeon.Prawns appear not to work despite me using them over many sessions.Hemp and tare men may like to attend.Cake will be provided.A tip is not to fish too far out.The big perch have got into the habit of grabbing silver fish just as pole anglers haul them in.
Mark Davies

Bob Brookes
Tench

Post by Bob Brookes » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:46 pm

I am fishing on the Wye that weekend. Hey Ho, next time perhaps. I hope you all catch some biggies.

Return to “Other Canals”