Help ID a Capella rod

The Other Traditional Rods forum.
Kev D
Chub

Re: Help ID a Capella rod

Post by Kev D »

Olly wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:19 pm

""Silver Monarch"" is of course "" The Salmon ""!! So an excellent choice for bigger fish.
Ah,of course. He was trying to decide if it was a sea rod. Apparently he tried to measure the test curve and chickened out at somewhere between 4 and 5lb! Thank you for the information.
In order to shoot some close-ups, wildlife photographer ,the late Len Scapstillon, lured the orca to him by dressing as a seal.......

Kev D
Chub

Re: Help ID a Capella rod

Post by Kev D »

I have slowly ,with prompting from things written on TFF and an echange of posts with someone on another site(who may ,for all I know, also be on this site) come to think this rod really is a Capella. Initially I wondered if the lettering on the rod was a fiction by a previous owner. What I take to be original whippings are such a dark green they appear almost black. This apparently points to it being from the same stable as my internet friend's heavy Marco rod. All the neat intermediate whippings are in burgundy and are probably the result of some painstaking customisation .
Capella De Luxes seem reasonably common but I can't find any images or information on non-de luxe models . I suspect my rod may have started life as an older ,base model. Without any more clues or an image to compare there is not much more to go on.
I just realised this should probably be in the Modern Arms Rod section. 🙄
In order to shoot some close-ups, wildlife photographer ,the late Len Scapstillon, lured the orca to him by dressing as a seal.......

Return to “Other Traditional Cane Rods”