One Man, One Rod.

The Other Traditional Rods forum.
Bob Brookes
Zander

One Man, One Rod.

Post by Bob Brookes »

I have been told that there is a book coming out soon by David Petty called One Man, One Rod. Has anyone heard anything about it? I have heard that it is about traditional rods and is picture heavy.

I would have thought it would have been the sort of book that we would find interesting. It was due to be launched at Romsey but I guess that may not happen now.

Any information would be useful. :secret:
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Pallenpool
Zander

Re: One Man, One Rod.

Post by Pallenpool »

Bob Brookes wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:58 pm I have been told that there is a book coming out soon by David Petty called One Man, One Rod. Has anyone heard anything about it? I have heard that it is about traditional rods and is picture heavy.

I would have thought it would have been the sort of book that we would find interesting. It was due to be launched at Romsey but I guess that may not happen now.

Any information would be useful. :secret:
I think you can obtain it from here . . .

https://www.onemanonerod.co.uk/

:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

CaneTincaCatcher
Ruffe

Post by CaneTincaCatcher »

Many thanks for the post.
Looks a great book.

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

That looks a fabulous book! Better save my pennies...
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Coral Maestro wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:22 am That looks a fabulous book! Better save my pennies...
You may have to strike while the irons hot - there editions seem to sell out fairly quickly - they did a super book a while back about the float - I dithered as per usual and missed my chance. I have not seen a collectors edition for this title either on the second hand market.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Thanks for the information and link Peter. It looks like a really good book and one which I would have purchased a few years ago when I was more of a collector. Now I am more a user and, although I still have a few rods, my wife reckons too many, my lust for information has waned. She thinks I also have too many books! This book would fall into the category of wanting, not needing, and at that price I may just let it lie.
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I have a couple of Dave Watson books on knives and the illustrations and text are superb.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

I have a leather and a hardback version of Jeff's Hooked on Floats and I concur, very nice books. They are worth the premium that they cost, if you want one. :Scared:

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

This has now been released and having purchased a copy I'm delighted with it. It is picture heavy as one would expect and what I call a coffee table book that gives instant pleasure as well as being an excellent reference book. I will be intrigued to see how quickly it sells out as it will most definitely do there being only 200 reader copies. I enjoy my old rods and to me this is a must have but I appreciate not everyone will see it that way.
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Rod
Grayling

Post by Rod »

I also bought a copy, it is quite amazing the amount of detail it gives, just through the images, which are crystal clear. Quite pricey, but well worth it.
Rod :Hat:
An old man, who's only pleasure left in life, is sitting by some water, fiddling with his maggots?

Return to “Other Traditional Cane Rods”