One Man, One Rod.

The Other Traditional Rods forum.
John_Moore
Silver Bream

Re: One Man, One Rod.

Post by John_Moore »

It is truly a lovely book with introduction and ending writing's by a certain Mr Barder.

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

John_Moore wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:28 pm It is truly a lovely book with introduction and ending writing's by a certain Mr Barder.
His promotional emails are hilarious these days...he really should write more.
Have you come across the reproduction of the B James leaflet for the 'bird name rods' yet John?
I'm sure someone on here will know more but I have only ever held a Grebe owned by a friend.. the rest I've
never seen in the flesh.
I would have a small wager that David Watson would have included more of the makers
promotional material if it was of the B James standard. Most I've seen are often poorly produced with bad grammar and the rods of course often evolved beyond the initial introduction model with differing furniture and finishes.
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Mahseer101
Stickleback

Post by Mahseer101 »

Aquaerial - You would have won the wager. During the six month production process there was a time when there were many times the final 8500 words. Specifications and sales blurb from makers catalogues and leaflets were included on most rods. Before going to press these were removed because of inconsistencies, typos, and conflicts between data and the actual rods pictured. Effort was concentrated on the images, which speak for themselves.

Return to “Other Traditional Cane Rods”