Pezon et Michel Parabolic Speciale Normale

The Other Traditional Rods forum.
Bobby Marlene
Arctic Char

Pezon et Michel Parabolic Speciale Normale

Post by Bobby Marlene »

Last Monday I was again on my beloved river Le Viroin in the Ardennes. The weather was good, a lot of wind, water levels even lower than 2 weeks ago. I arrived at 10 am and was in the river at 10:30. The fishing was very slow, I had very few offerings and hooked a few but lost all of them. I enjoyed myself :Thumb:
ImageImage

But the real reason I was here was not the fishing this time. A fellow member of the Club Mouche La Treignoise had send me a message some days before that a friend of his wanted to part with a Pezon et Michel fly rod.
We met in a Cafe dans un petit village sur Le Viroin. We had good coffee, les Wallons are a bit like the French, they like good coffee.
Then he went to get the rod out of his car. I had expected to see a shed find. What he brought was an almost immaculate rod. Produced in 1965. :Ok: A Parabolic Speciale Normale, 8ft 6 inch.
Later I was back on the river. The fishing did not improve. I was happy, The rod was in the back of my car. To fish with another day.
Thanks for looking, Bobby

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Re: Pezon et Michel Parabolic Speciale Normale

Post by Nigel Rainton »

That's a very nice rod. It will make you happy each time you use it.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Lovely looking river Chris! And a finely conditioned P&M rod :Sun: As a Sharpes/Farlow fan you'll know that I like these rods but, I have to ask, can any manufactured rod be quite as pleasing as one of your own builds? How do you personally rate their impregnated cane? :Hat:

Bobby Marlene
Arctic Char

Post by Bobby Marlene »

Nigel Rainton wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:19 pm That's a very nice rod. It will make you happy each time you use it.
Thank you Nigel! I think this rod would suit your style of fishing.
Liphook wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:26 am Lovely looking river Chris! And a finely conditioned P&M rod :Sun: As a Sharpes/Farlow fan you'll know that I like these rods but, I have to ask, can any manufactured rod be quite as pleasing as one of your own builds? How do you personally rate their impregnated cane? :Hat:
I am absolutely no expert. What I see is that it is not impregnated but varnished. The varnish is special but I don’t know what exactly they used. And this rod was built to a very, very high standard. The cane seems to be of the highest quality, I have only ever seen that with Hardy rods and the craftmanship seems to be on an even higher level.
Of course my own rods are much better :Wink:

Thanks for your kind comments!

Alistair, should you ever be in Belgium we go and fish Le Viroin!

Thanks, Chris

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Thank you Chris :Hat: I would love to fish your home waters and fully intend to some day, hopefully on the understanding that I would return the favour for you on a Scottish or Northern English river :Sun:
I fear I may have not communicated my question particularly well - I was wondering if you had any experience of P et M impregnated cane and if you thought it was of similar high quality?

Return to “Other Traditional Cane Rods”