Who out there is making their own centrepins?

A forum to show any of your restored or built traditional fishing reels.
Justin Parker
Stickleback

Who out there is making their own centrepins?

Post by Justin Parker »

Greetings,

As the topic asks, who's making their own centrepin reels?
I was looking at lathe's today.... :fingertap:

Cheers!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish they are after.
- H.D. Thoreau

Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: Who out there is making their own centrepins?

Post by Tengisgol »

Our very own Watermole is without doubt the Yoda of centrepins and lathes!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I was offered a lathe just the other day - for free! I'm clearing a space in my room before I collect. I think though, that reels are a long way down the line.

Leszek is indeed a genious but has unfiortunately left the TFF circle. There are a few 'how to' video's on youtube but they all seem to be from America.

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Good morning fellow friends,I have been considering small lathe,for making models and making a Skeliton Clock ,but I would need a small mill as well.Im running out of space.Reelmaker.

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

It seems sorry news that Leszek has left the the forum,his reels and knowledge of making them was beyond belief,he knew so much on the materials he had was very helpful in the making of tackle.Reelmaker

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

I have been contemplating this for sometime. I even got as far as making working drawings.

I was encouraged down this route by Leszek (Watermole) himself who actively encouraged me and actually told me to make working drawings and note everything down in notebooks as I progressed.

Unfortunately I have so many projects vying for attention, plus getting sucked into rod building more and more which meant I got further behind with the Reel project.

Let’s just say it's on temporary hold at the moment. I’ll certainly miss Leszek’s encouragement and skills when finally starting.
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Dave Burr wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:49 am I was offered a lathe just the other day - for free! I'm clearing a space in my room before I collect. I think though, that reels are a long way down the line.

Leszek is indeed a genious but has unfiortunately left the TFF circle. There are a few 'how to' video's on youtube but they all seem to be from America.
I had not heard that Leszek had left the TFF group - I hope it is not due to illness or other misfortune.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I understand it's a personal decision that he's been considering. He is still making and repairing reels and hopes to be still doing so when he gets around to mine in about five years. We have been privelidged to have had him here and to share some of the delights that he has created.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Dave Burr wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:32 pm I understand it's a personal decision that he's been considering. He is still making and repairing reels and hopes to be still doing so when he gets around to mine in about five years. We have been privelidged to have had him here and to share some of the delights that he has created.
That’s a real shame and a great loss to the TFF..... :shocked:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Sussex Micky
Arctic Char

Post by Sussex Micky »

Yes i had heard this..Leszek was a real craftsman and gentleman he was very kind to me posting me silk thread and feathers with no thought of any payment whatsoever, what ever the future holds for him i wish him the very best. i will certaily miss him and his posts on the forum :Hat:
Last edited by Sussex Micky on Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Traditional Reel Building and Restoring”