Ultra Light Waggler Fishing

This forum is for discussing Other Traditional Float Fishing Techniques.
Lea Dweller
Pike

Re: Ultra Light Waggler Fishing

Post by Lea Dweller »

Entertaining as always Moley! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

A cracking report, as ever!
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Hi Moley... One of your classic tales. I take a smaller gas burner for a brew these days ..but like you tea drinking and pies( apple) are v important. I was off the forum for a while and these story's of yours are just great. Is this pond in the south downs ...sounds like a gem . Did your fishing Pal catch in the end?

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Tench Dreamer wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:26 pm Hi Moley... One of your classic tales. I take a smaller gas burner for a brew these days ..but like you tea drinking and pies( apple) are v important. I was off the forum for a while and these story's of yours are just great. Is this pond in the south downs ...sounds like a gem . Did your fishing Pal catch in the end?
Slurping tea is essential to my fishing. As for pies they have to be either pork pies or steak pies which are taken so seriously I make them myself.....the trouble is others like 'em too!

Guarding my pies from marauding Mariners has become a battle of wits, or as Matron :Scared: so cruelly declares when asked ' More like a battle of half-wits!' Women can be so unkind sometimes.

The pond in question is near Titchfield/Warsash on the Portsmouth ticket. So a whole new ball game and waters to explore. The Ancient Mariner did not catch despite me advising him to go light to get bites....he can be very stubborn at times; too much for his own good.
Vole wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:07 pm A cracking report, as ever!
[/quote
Lea Dweller wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:26 pm Entertaining as always Moley! :Hat:
Thanks for the kind words and good to know that people read the drivel written by me.

Dave I think my running days are well and truly over unless Matron :Scared: has got the torture devices out again :surrender:

And thanks to everyone who reads and enjoys the madness that passes for the life of a Fat Mole :Hat:

As ever,....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

The Sweetcorn kid organised a TFF day at Abshot a few years ago, it's a special place but is suffering a massive weed growth problem at the moment. A place Moley will feel at home at I'm sure.

http://portsmouthdas.club/abshot-pond/
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

looks a delightful pond

Return to “Other Traditional Float Fishing Techniques”