Dam 330 chrome bail arm

The DAM Reels forum.
SharkBoy
Perch

Dam 330 chrome bail arm

Post by SharkBoy »

Hi guys advise please repair or replace? .. whilst fishing yesterday I noticed that my 330 reel had developed a rough edge to the underside of the chrome bail arm/wire which is cutting through my line luckily it happened when I was setting up my rod ready to cast .. can I rub it down or is it best to replace ? Suggestions please on how to smooth the bail wire or if it’s to replace where could I go to get a replacement .. cheers guys

Fredline
Tench

Re: Dam 330 chrome bail arm

Post by Fredline »

Try rubbing it vigorously with a crumbled up piece of tin foil. It is quite amazing what it will remove without damaging the item. If the chrome has become loose then that is a different question.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Hi
Can't directly help you, but you could keep an eye out for a donar on the bay of plenty, or try Mike's reel repairs - based in Canada or the US (if I remember correctly)...seem to hold some Dam Quick spares. There maybe someone on TFF who could point you to somewhere in Germany.
I rebuilt a 220 (and a Super - the beast!), and eventually sourced bits from all over, including a bail arm (and I think bits for a 220 seem a bit trickier to source). You may have to go Stateside or Germany, as I believe they were more common there (stating the obvious in respect of Germany).
Great reels and worth having functioning perfectly.
Cat

SharkBoy
Perch

Post by SharkBoy »

Cheers guys 👍

OldTackle
Arctic Char

Post by OldTackle »

Cat wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:51 am Hi
Can't directly help you, but you could keep an eye out for a donar on the bay of plenty, or try Mike's reel repairs - based in Canada or the US (if I remember correctly)...seem to hold some Dam Quick spares. There maybe someone on TFF who could point you to somewhere in Germany.
I rebuilt a 220 (and a Super - the beast!), and eventually sourced bits from all over, including a bail arm (and I think bits for a 220 seem a bit trickier to source). You may have to go Stateside or Germany, as I believe they were more common there (stating the obvious in respect of Germany).
Great reels and worth having functioning perfectly.
Cat
Cat,
I will send you my spare body and others parts along with a used bail arm. Would you agree sending the bail arm to Sharkboy?
:Hat:
< °) >>><( Christopher )><<< (° >

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Hi,
Absolutely not a problem... another lovely gesture.
Sharkboy, please PM me your address.
Thanks Cat

Cat
Chub

Post by Cat »

Hi Sharkboy,
Bail arm received courtesy of OldTackle (thank you...most generous). Please PM me your address and I'll send it to you at the beginning of next week.
Regards Cat 🐈

Return to “DAM Reels”